“Hardcore Folk,” from this 6-member Polish group, featuring raw energy and a big sound. Strings, percussion, “white voice” (screaming vocals), horns. It’s passionate, intriguing, sometimes dark, and very good.
*1. Midtempo, a good example of their sound.
*2. A catchy dance w/varying tempos & great strings.
3. Slower w/great, almost jazzy use of brass.
4. Strings/perc/vox. Mid/uptempo, slightly dark.
5. Mournful folk dance w/lush strings & emotional vocals.
*6. Updated version of a traditional polka.
7. Mouth harp, strings, vox. A driving feminist ode.
8. Vocals carry this serious folk-drone.
9. Fast & short mix of drums/vocals.
*10. Fast & furious contemporary polka.
11. Formal & dark w/nice use of strings/vox.
*12. Fast strings/perc/vox in a strident protest song.
*13. Wonderful strings/perc/vox. Haunting.
14. Indian-inspired trance remix of #3.
15. Dance groove remix of #4. Kinda cool.