|Glandien, Lutz / Lost in Rooms|
|Album:||Lost in Rooms||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2004-08-02||Pull Date:||2004-10-03|
|Week Ending:||3 Oct||19 Sep||12 Sep||22 Aug||15 Aug||8 Aug|
|1.||Thu, 30 Sep 04:||the id|
Multiple Personality Disorder
|4.||Wed, 15 Sep 04:||crisco jones|
press and release
|2.||Wed, 29 Sep 04:||stirling|
|5.||Wed, 08 Sep 04:||stirling|
|3.||Sun, 26 Sep 04:||Wedge|
|6.||Thu, 19 Aug 04:||Katy & Murray|
Somewhere between contemporary classic music, sample art, and IDM. Composed for a dance piece and the vocal samples are samples of the dancers that were in the performance. There is an overall dark and even sad feeling to a lot of this. There are other found sounds, which gives some tracks a musique concrete leaning and other tracks that remind me of older industrial music. A lot of the vocals are from one dancer, telling not-that-interesting stories of growing up in a large family in a small town in Canada. I think the short portions of the stories taken out of context are what give this the dark feeling. |
1. Mainly vocals that are about “the house he grew up in”. Some found sounds, like what sounds like a metal fence or swing set.
**2. More beats and IDM sound. Vocals are manipulated sometimes and turned into mumbles and not complete ideas.
3. Short, about how he wanted to be a tightrope walker.
4. Slight industrial leaning, meaning it’s just a bit noisier. No vocals samples.
5. Quiet beginning and while it’s named “The Last Room”, it sounds much more like a boat dock, late at night. Gets very noisy over the last minute. Banging, clanking, and short vocal snippets.
**6. Short female vocal snippets that might be Chinese. Music is quiet in the background for a lot of the track but some minimal electronics get more prominent during the last minute or so.
7. More of the story of where he grew up. This about playing at the river that was near his house. Halfway through his story stop abruptly and harsher electronics fade in.
9. Cheap beats. Some vocal samples. Could be second rate 80s EBM.
**10. More of that middle of the night, dark alley sounds. Gets louder as the track progresses.
11. About the empty lot across the road from his house.
12. Noisy to begin but the noise is almost immediately fading out. Sounds from a playground (?) after and a short bit about going back to the town after many years away.
14. Not as dark sounding as the other tracks. Manipulated vocals, almost-dance-beat, and happier sounding electronics.
15. Back to the sounds like on tracks 10 but part of a nearly 9 minute track. Waves of electronics fade in and out. Female vocal samples in the middle, sampled to go with the rhythm.
16. Short, dark ending about returning to the house.
Good stuff -mph