|Various Artists / Spain in My Heart: Sor|
|Album:||Spain in My Heart: Sor||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Mar 2004|
|Add Date:||2004-04-12||Pull Date:||2004-06-14||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jun 6||May 30||May 2||Apr 25||Apr 18|
|1.||Jan 07, 2022:||Traditions |
|4.||May 25, 2004:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
El Quinto Regimiento
|2.||Aug 18, 2011:||Alachinada |
|5.||Apr 26, 2004:||Fly By Night |
Llego Con Tres Heridas
|3.||Jun 01, 2004:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Abraham Lincoln Brigade
|6.||Apr 21, 2004:||press and release |
En La Plaza De Mi Pueblo
Volunteers for the cause came from all over the world, as do the artists on this collection. From Ireland, the US, Mexico, Nicaragua, Spain. Acoustic-based, in both English & Spanish, songs about bravery, longing for home, pain & loss. It’s a powerful collection, heavy on the tragedy and very emotional. Great notes too. Play it all.|
1. Spoken word, English lyrics to tune of “Red River Valley.”
2. Beautiful fem vox, flute, guitar, palmas. Mid-tempo.
3. Male vox, Celtic-ish folk anthem w/very nice strings.
4. Downtempo duet w/a sad, lovely melody. Full of longing.
5. Powerful mid-tempo & emotional w/fem vox/flute/strings.
6. Slow Celtic folk tune w/delicate fem vox & sad strings.
7. Downtempo and dramatic w/wonderful vocals.
8. Midtempo duet w/a rough folk charm.
9. Beautiful, emotional male vox in a rich evocative ballad.
10. Slow & passionate duet w/strings. Sad & very lovely.
11. Lovely, sad duet about Irish volunteers. Tragic.
12. Mid/uptempo w/a more contemporary sound.
13. Sweet, gentle lullaby w/warm fem vox & strings.
14. Warm fem vox, strings, accordion, flute. Downtempo.
15. Downtempo & haunting w/a nostalgic sadness.
16. Mid/uptempo w/strong vocal harmonies & a sense of power.
17. Relaxed folk ballad about the end of the war. Nice melody.