|Most Precious Blood / Our Lady of Annihilation|
|Album:||Our Lady of Annihilation||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Most Precious Blood||Added:||Mar 2004|
|Add Date:||2004-04-05||Pull Date:||2004-06-07||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||May 16||Apr 18||Apr 11|
|1.||May 13, 2004:||The Triumph of Time Over Space |
The Great Red Shift
|3.||Apr 14, 2004:||Baptism of Solitude |
Why Hyenas Laugh
|2.||Apr 15, 2004:||The Triumph Of Time Over Space |
|4.||Apr 07, 2004:||Baptism of Solitude |
So Typical My Heart
Most Previous Blood – Our Lady of Annihilation (Trustkill)|
NYC hardcore with touches of straight edge and emo. This is not the tough guy style NYC hardcore but takes a lot of the usual NYC sound and adding emo lyrics which are sometimes cheesy. Big guitar chugs, melodic breakdowns, gang vocals and mostly screamed vocals you can understand. This is their 2nd record. Former members if Indecision and One King Down and one of the guitarists, Rachel also plays in The Wage of Sin. The band has changed a bit from their first release, they have a new singer. There are fewer melodic guitar parts, more cheesy singing and the lyrics deal more with relationships. I still liked this.
1. Straight forward, short NYC hardcore track with vocals way up front. “Don’t lie to me and say you’d die for me”. Big chugging breakdown.
2. Fast right away with one guitar chugging away and one guitar playing a nice melodic line.
3. Too much melodic singing. Sounds like alterna-rock.
4. Heavier riff and a more furious hardcore sound. Gang male/female vocals sing “save your love”. Again one of the highlights is one guitar playing a hardcore chug while other does a nice melodic part.
5. Fast, choppy, cleaner sound with pissed vocals and a more of the melodic singing that, well, just doesn’t cut it.
6. Start ominous and noisy. Then goes to a big slow riff which changes into a thrash like chug. Fucking great. More metal sounding.
7. An uncomfortable beginning and the song never really gets on track. The guitar breakdown is heavy.
8. A bit of a different sound that I can’t place. It’s the one guitar. Straight edge all the way. “fuck your addiction, your not the only one it’s killing.
9. Fast out of the gate. Melodic guitar during the chorus but the song doesn’t slow down. Emo love song lyrics.
10. Reminds me more of the last record with the guitar being more melodic and less chugging. The track is still fast. It’s one of those songs were I sing the guitar instead of the lyrics.
11. Slow and more discordant.
Good stuff. -mph
|1.||The Great Red Shift||6.||Funeral Photography|
|2.||Collusionist||7.||Life During Wartime|
|3.||Quet Pattern||8.||It Runs in the Blood|
|4.||Growing Square Eyes||9.||So Typical My Heart|
|5.||Your Picture Hung Itself||10.||Why Hyenas Laugh|