|Artist:||Private Lessons||Added:||Mar 2004|
|Label:||No no Records|
|Add Date:||2004-06-21||Pull Date:||2004-08-23|
|Week Ending:||Jul 25||Jul 18||Jul 4||Jun 27|
|1.||Jul 10, 2010:||lost and found
Track 15 (?)
|4.||Jul 23, 2004:||Distraction-Limited??!!
|2.||Sep 06, 2004:||Short Song Marathon--Tom, Mr. Sparkle, and Mor fill in
|5.||Jul 16, 2004:||Distraction-Limited
|3.||Aug 24, 2004:||The Literate Pop Fans
|6.||Jun 30, 2004:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge
Start with 7,8, 11,13,14,16, and (the rock track) 15.
1. Intro. Sweet, calming, harmonic synth notes for airports.
2. Programmed mid-tempo beat, processed vocals, brief text repeated, synth. Did Kraftwerk never happen?
3. Starts slow, quiet, dreamy vocal harmonies, acoustic strumming. Why, oh why did the heavy-processed sound return so quickly?? Wholly-electronic sound bounce and processed vocals persists to the end.
4. Down tempo, a little more bass, Air-like.
5. Upbeat, multiple drum sequences, short keyboard riff repeats. Fades out quickly 20 secs to end.
6. Mid/slow tempo, bass drums, sustained synth notes backdrop, and of course tons of sound effects.
7. * Short distorted guitar intro picked up by a synth and a heavy mid/slow disco beat. The guitar sound will return briefly! *
8. * Quiet dark bass opening, sweet harmonic keyboard joins, distorted keyboard and more effects come in; bass becomes prominent again and so forth. Instrumental. Cool. *
9. Mid/upbeat Casio tune opens and closes. Almost unintelligible distorted vocals, fuzzy beat.
10. Do I hear The Girl From Ipanema in the simple keyboard/bass/vocals ghostly opening? In any case, the mid tempo beat picks up, with dreamy pop male harmonies.
11. * Slow, sustained notes, drony vocals, sparse keyboard notes added towards end.*
12. Keyboard high pitch beat, dark new wave synth tune joins. Slow/mid tempo, vocals a bit like Stone Roses played in the wrong speed.
13. * Short, pronounced drum beat, slow/mid tempo, brief vocals. *
14. * Mid tempo, cool dark beat, more jungly beat added, vocals less processed, fuzzy synths. *
15. *Synth rock+. Mostly female vocals, great guitar riffs, drums, bass, new wave! Where was this stuff hiding till now?*
16. *Back to crude electronic beat. Mid tempo beat, classic Kraftwerk synth sound. Instrumental.*
|2.||False Alarms||9.||Ninja Lover|
|3.||Beach Blankets||10.||Good Life|
|5.||Vacationers||12.||Only in Photographs|
|6.||The Nobodies||13.||New Wings|
|7.||Disco Kids||14.||White Lines|