|Various Artists / I Can't Get That Evil Wiener Song Out Of My Head|
|Album:||I Can't Get That Evil Wiener Song Out Of My Head||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Mar 2004|
|Add Date:||2004-06-21||Pull Date:||2004-08-23|
|Week Ending:||Jul 18||Jul 11||Jun 27|
|1.||Jun 12, 2014:||Fried Egg |
|4.||Sep 03, 2009:||No Way San Jose |
High School Rock Star Story
|2.||Jul 07, 2013:||Fried Egg |
|5.||Sep 12, 2006:||"In Your Ear ..." with David Bug, an evening of words and other sounds |
Allergic to Morning
|3.||Oct 02, 2009:||The DJ Never Has It |
Allergic to Morning
|6.||Jul 13, 2004:||The Literate Pop Fans |
I Can't Get That Evil Wiener Song Out Of My Head|
Fabulous pop. Evil Wiener tribute – this is a collection of songs by the North Carolina band Evil Wiener, performed by the eclectic range of (again) North Carolina groups. Bill McCormick writes great pop tunes, and the bands all do a great job. Great sound and great production on almost all tracks. Lots of different styles. Everything is good to play, but if you need direction try 1,8,9,11,13,17 and of course 10. Watch FCCs: 2,4,14
1. * Jangly pop, rock, laid-back Feelies, Galaxie 500, Stereolab. Male and female vocals, upbeat, fun.*
2. FCC –0:53 Fuck. Down tempo, richly produced guitar pop.
3. * Drake-y sadness, strings, pleasant guitar picking. Two female vocals, Nico-like lead.*
4. FCC. Loud, fast rock/punk, scratchy male vocals, arena-style chorus.
5. Mid tempo, sweet chamber pop with some 50s vintage harmonies in the chorus. Sweet female vocals. Picks up tempo toward the end.
6. * Velvet on harmonium. Slow keyboard beat, strange female vocals, cool.*
7. Stupid simple guitar rock, mid tempo, goes a-capella for the chorus, and picks up again. Silly spoof?
8. Slow/mid tempo dream/noise pop. Dreamy echoed male vocals. All kinds of guitars and noises in the background of a prominent acoustic. Last 30 secs pure noise.*
9. * Jazzy, slow, bass, deep peculiar theatrical male vocals, dramatic synth solo, haunted feel.*
10. ** Throaty female vocals, mid/high tempo rock (reminds me of The Who’s Tommy for some reason), standard guitar-bass-drums-hand clap… and then great erratic trumpet! Perfect morning track! (even concludes with an alarm clock) **
11. * Flute, quiet acoustic guitar, faint female vocals, down tempo. Chorus is a bit Patty Smith like.*
12. Johnny-Cash-classic country love song. Nice little guitar solo. Mid tempo.
13. * Quiet, two distorted guitars and muted, distorted female vocals.*
14. FCC (Fucked). Slow/mid tempo Dandy Warhols pop. Male vocals.
15. Mellow rock, simple catchy tune, slow/mid tempo.
16. Pop, mid tempo, keyboard backdrop, jangly guitar, trumpet.
17. * Dark, slow, guitar strumming and piano; sad hoarse vocals, simple electric guitar picking, beautiful.*