|From a Second Story Window / Not One Word Has Been Omitted|
|Album:||Not One Word Has Been Omitted||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||From a Second Story Window||Added:||03/2004|
|Add Date:||2004-05-17||Pull Date:||2004-07-19||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||4 Jul||30 May|
|1.||Feb 16, 2005:||The Sun Never Sets on Cool |
The Challenge of Caring
|3.||May 27, 2004:||The Triumph Of Time Over Space |
I Tried Voodoo Once
|2.||Jul 01, 2004:||Baptism of Solitude |
How London Got Its Fog
From A Second Story Window – Not One Word Has Been Omitted (Black Market Activities)|
Chaotic hardcore/metal. Part of the recent wave of such bands, think something like The End, DEP, December, The Red Chord, Converge, and even some more traditional hardcore bands like Zao, Nora, etc.
1) Starts all messy and confusing, but then settles into some pretty excellent semi-breakdown patterns with intense guitar buildups, processed vocals, grindcore drumming, and then some intense screams.
2) Begins with drum roll and scream, then thrash-inspired chaos with a little bit of black metal riffing, a breakdown at the two-minute mark that’ll blow your head off, and then some eerily melodic parts, arpeggiated chords, and whispered/processed vocals before it comes back full circle. Awesome!
3) Similar start to the others, but the song title is way cooler, and the breakdowns and guitar patterns are far more interesting than anything I’ve heard in a while.
4) Screams, intense guitar and bass, and these melodies that just hover around in the background and latch on to your brain and never let go. Unbelievable breakdowns.
5) Last song, and they’d been holding out on me... this baby smokes! This is basically a series of really creative and imaginative and awesome breakdowns interspersed with unhealthy vocals, excellent guitar melodies, depraved screams, and overall madness taking influences from anyone and everyone worth being influential.
|1.||The Challenge of Caring||3.||In a River Where You Least E|
|2.||I Tried Voodoo Once||4.||How London Got Its Fog|