|Foibles / Hacienda Science Magnet Assem|
|Album:||Hacienda Science Magnet Assem||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2004-05-10||Pull Date:||2004-07-12|
|Week Ending:||18 Jul||11 Jul||27 Jun||20 Jun||6 Jun||23 May||16 May|
|1.||Oct 20, 2012:||Buford J. Sharkley's Themeless Escapades |
Brazil - Trad
|4.||Sep 19, 2004:||Oh Messy Life |
|2.||Oct 16, 2005:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
The Pink Slip to the Right, You Happy Assassin
|5.||Sep 06, 2004:||Short Song Marathon--Tom, Mr. Sparkle, and Mor fill in |
Intermission, Peanut Harvet Intro
|3.||Oct 03, 2004:||Oh Messy Life |
The Pink Slip to the Right
|6.||Sep 06, 2004:||Short Song Marathon - Part 3 |
The Pink Slip to the Right
Political acoustic anti folk from SF’s Phil Dumesnil. Brief short tunes and short clear political messages. Extremely lo-fi aesthetics. This is a collection of 4 EPs ranging from 1998 to 2003 (see track-by-track). The first is the most politically relevant today. The second is a draft for a prison rock opera. The third consists of three covers. The last, as the sleeve says, “is 3 songs long”. Best and most relevant tracks are in the first EP. Favs: 2, 3, 6, 7 (FCC), 13, 14, 17, 21, 26. FCC:2,7,10,11,16|
“America is Shit… Just Shit” EP
(2) FCC. Guitar, accordion, nice mellow tune.*
(3) Ukulele strumming, recorder, cute lyrics (note the title), mid-tempo.*
4. Take on the famous kids’ song. Slow, mellow.
5. Mid tempo guitar strumming, clapping, “holes in the president’s head”.
((6)) Clear Channel bashing! Excellent. Heavy, acoustic strumming. **
(7). FCC. Of Patriots and privacy and war. FCC “We’re so fucked” but you can fade out after “the leader you did not elect” with 1:25 remaining (last 1:06 clean, as well). Mellow guitar and harp-like towards the end.*
“Chain me Good EP”
9. Urgent strumming, la-la-la, mid-high tempo.
10. FCC. Fuzzed vocals, distortion, mid-tempo.
11. FCC. Acoustic strumming, sweet keyboards, suicide song.
12. High tempo strumming, about a circus which is the state penitentiary.
(13) Guitar picking, sad male and female vocals, slow tempo, “kiss my ass”.*
(14) Quirky love song, fast strumming. *
15. Male+female vocals, mid tempo strumming.
16. FCC, mellow strumming.
(17) Distorted intro and bridge, fast strumming, about execution, Jesus and pretty boys in heaven.*
18. Slow, background vocals la-la-la’ing.
19. Fast tempo, mellow drums and bass added.
“Copyright Infringement” EP
(21) Cover of the famous tune, starts with slow accordion, varies later with some psychedelic guitar.*
22. Drumming over acoustic guitar, fast. Cover of Reed/Velvet.
23. Different, dominant keyboard, distorted. Cover.
“Passive Cavity Resonator” EP
25. Drum + strum. Mid/high tempo.
26. * Folk punk, high tempo.
27. Ukulele, fast strumming.