|Ray's Vast Basement / Live on Kzsu Wnl|
|Album:||Live on Kzsu Wnl||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Ray's Vast Basement||Added:||04/2004|
|Label:||Outer a Records|
|Add Date:||2004-05-24||Pull Date:||2004-07-26|
|Week Ending:||25 Jul||6 Jun||30 May|
|1.||Jan 29, 2008:||At Your Local Dive |
|4.||Mar 23, 2005:||Sparkle Bin Soundtracks |
Oceans Are Higher
|2.||Jan 11, 2008:||Rorschach's Dance |
|5.||Jul 18, 2004:||Oh Messy Life |
|3.||Mar 31, 2005:||The Carpool: Guest DJ Yo! |
|6.||Jun 05, 2004:||Mor On - The Literate Pop Fan |
Oceans Are Higher
Ray's Vast Basement "Live on KZSU: WNL 2/12/03" - A trio playing here with KZSU's very own Bawd of Euphony on guitar. This is some great stuff! It's basically rock music with lots of southwest, alt country, and folk flavors thrown in there. Overall it has a quiet feel and makes you want to play it in a small cozy room with only candlelight. Some songs are really moody and others are bit happier feeling. Everything fits together really well with guitars, drums, and vocals and creates a beautiful mood. Very highly recommended.|
My Picks: 2, 12, 16
Katie P. 5/13/04
1) Big Chief intro of the band.
2) Slow guitar strumming. It has a very slow and spacey feel to it using lots of reverb on the guitar. Moody, cool, and dramatic with a little southwest flavor.
3) Solid midtempo with a bit of a bounce and swing to it. Bright guitar strumming. Cute guitar solo with wah-wah pedal.
4) More talking with the band.
5) Slower and moody. Falls into a nice slower midtempo. Has some really nice quiet spots. Solid guitar strumming.
6) Some more talking.
7) Solid midtempo and quiet. Soft guitar, brushed drums, and vocals. This is really pretty.
8) Interview with the band. They talk about playing a track off their album, but this CD does not have the album track.
9) Talking about the album track that just played (not on this CD).
10) Slow quiet guitar strumming. Drums come in along with vocals and then some guitar with serious reverb. Ooo, harmonica. Nice and moody and again that slight southwest flavor.
11) Quick talking.
12) Midtempo guitar strumming. Feels a little bit country/folky. Cool guitar solo with lots of note bending. Crazy freak-out at the end.
13) Quick talking.
14) Slower midtempo. Feels kind of sad. Harmonica in this one too. This is pretty.
15) Talking about the next song.
16) Midtempo guitar that kind of twinkles. Laid back, lighthearted and free.
17) Some more talking.
18) Cute and a little bouncy. Solid midtempo. This is nice and rocks out a bit at times.
19) Talking to the end.
|1.||Intro||10.||She Is My Diary|
|5.||Song of the Failure||14.||Eastern Side|
|7.||When I Was You||16.||Oceans Are Higher|