|Lord, Mary Lou / Baby Blue|
|Artist:||Lord, Mary Lou||Added:||04/2004|
|Add Date:||2004-07-19||Pull Date:||2004-09-19|
|Week Ending:||12 Sep||5 Sep||29 Aug||22 Aug||8 Aug||25 Jul|
|1.||Aug 17, 2021:||Traditions (rebroadcast from Jun 15, 2018) |
|4.||Sep 01, 2004:||mr. sparkle challenge |
The Wind Blew All Around Me
|2.||Jun 15, 2018:||Traditions |
|5.||Aug 25, 2004:||Civil Society |
Old Tin Tray
|3.||Sep 10, 2004:||No Cover, No Minimum - Fo Plays the Numbers |
|6.||Aug 18, 2004:||Brownian Motion |
Country/soft rock sound. The vocals were soft, breathy, sulky |
and weak on every single song, which lead me to wonder if she
could actually sing if she tried. Her unvaried approach to her so-called
singing made this tiring to listen to for 45 minutes. However, people
that like generic mainstream country might actually like this stuff.
If u r a big fan of mainstream, melancholy country/pop,
try tracks 1, 3, 10, 13 & 14
1. *Sounds like the kind of music you’d hear in a chick flick.
When I hear this I imagine girls giggling and acting “crazy”
Just some basic guitar strumming and singing.
2. Common guitar chord pattern that people seem to like with
vocals that follow the chords.
3. *Love song with some harmonies and a little guitar solo
4. Distorted guitar, attempt at country/rock with timid vocals
5. Strumming guitar, somewhat interesting guitar solo
6. Sounds like a break up song
7. A faster, harder rocking, guitar distorted sound with vocals
you can barely hear at times. Cool harmony/chorus though
8. I can’t really hear what she’s saying but I’m guessing this is
a sad song
9. Mid/fast tempo guitar strumming. One of those “hey don’t
talk bad about me or it’ll come back to you” songs
10. *Brushes on drums, piano, a more distinctive guitar sound than
the other songs on this CD(which isn’t saying much)
11. Distorted guitar with some banging power chords
12. I can’t hear what she’s saying again and all we’ve got
is an acoustic guitar and a bit of harmonica. This is the
third or fourth song she’s done about getting old judging
by the few lyrics I have heard. No, u r not 18, get over it!
13. *A Pink Floyd re-make, not bad. Good choice for her style.
14. *Violin, guitar, I can actually hear her this time, nice harmony
Loud sigh is the last thing you hear on this CD.
|1.||The Wind Blew All Around Me||8.||Because He's Leaving|
|2.||Long Way From Tupelo||9.||Someone Always Talks|
|3.||43||10.||Turn Me Round|
|4.||Baby Blue||11.||Stars Burn Out|
|5.||Cold Kilburn Rain||12.||Ron|
|6.||Farming It Out||13.||Fearless|
|7.||The Inhibition Twist||14.||Old Tin Tray|