|Ledda, Elena / Incanti|
|Add Date:||2004-05-31||Pull Date:||2004-08-02||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||1 Aug||25 Jul||4 Jul||13 Jun||6 Jun|
|1.||Jul 27, 2004:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Jul 01, 2004:||Sun in Libra, Moon in Pisces |
|2.||Jul 20, 2004:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Jun 11, 2004:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|3.||Jul 02, 2004:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|6.||Jun 04, 2004:||No Cover, No Minimum |
Originally released in 1993, this is a rich display of Sardinian folk music by a talented singer. She has a lyrical, almost operatic style and the music is accented w/modern flourishes from the wonderful backing musicians (including Ricardo Tesi). Great performances throughout. |
*1. Mid/uptempo. Starts solo, picks up into a lively sound.
2. Passionate, almost fado-esque w/percussive strings.
*3. Starts simple, then whistles, drums, calls & other sounds. Fun.
*4. A happy sound w/vocals, chorus, strings. Bright & catchy.
5. Midtempo string/perc/vocals. A very nice bouncy little thing.
6. African influences to strings/perc. Mid-tempo.
7. Part lullaby, part prayer. Beautifully sung & deceptively simple.
8. Mid/uptempo w/a repetitive melody & strong vocals. Gets lively
*9. Bouncy, nimble vocals/guitar/melodeon. Great stuff!
10. Slow & emotional a capella track w/much sadness.