|Various Artists / Women of Africa|
|Album:||Women of Africa||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Apr 2004|
|Label:||Putumayo World Music|
|Add Date:||2004-05-10||Pull Date:||2004-07-12||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jun 27||Jun 20||Jun 6||May 30||May 16|
|1.||Sep 26, 2019:||Global Ginga with Kim |
|4.||Mar 03, 2015:||Arabology |
|2.||Jan 17, 2019:||Hanging in the Bone Yard |
Le Tsephile Mang, Le Tsephile Mang
|5.||Sep 04, 2014:||Amber Waves |
|3.||Apr 26, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Sina Mali, Dina Deni
|6.||Dec 27, 2012:||Cacao! |
Mi Nada Um Ca Tem
A celebration of the talent and diversity of the women of Africa. Including artists you probably know (Angelique Kidjo, Khadja Nin), plus a good showcase for newer artists. Rich, varied, and wonderful stuff. Play it all, my dears and read the notes for extra interesting info.|
1. Jazzy and mid-tempo w/touches of South African pop. Nice.
2. Slow intro becomes a sexy Afro/Brazilian/European sound.
3. Playful and bright w/an Afro-Portuguese sway.
4. Rich anti-AIDS anthem in the South African tradition.
5. Lively strings/percussion/vocals. A fun, catchy track.
6. Slower w/a contemporary sound & a sense of longing.
7. Delicious jazz w/a slightly retro feel & great vocals.
8. Dramatic vocals, great percussion, downtempo & passionate.
9. Midtempo w/chorus/perc/strings & a catchy melody.
10. Tragic ballad w/rich Arabic vocals & a delicate feeling.
11. Midtempo modern Afro-Euro pop w/wonderful vox.
12. Wonderful female “Ladysmith-esque” track. Too short!