|Bad Acid Trip / Lych the Weirdo|
|Album:||Lych the Weirdo||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Bad Acid Trip||Added:||05/2004|
|Label:||Serjical Strike Records|
|Add Date:||2004-09-06||Pull Date:||2004-11-07||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||17 Oct||10 Oct||26 Sep||19 Sep||12 Sep|
|1.||Dec 06, 2016:||Waste FM |
|4.||Oct 15, 2004:||Baptism of Solitude |
|2.||Mar 05, 2008:||nag champa orangeasm |
Jump Rope - Spray Water
|5.||Oct 08, 2004:||Baptism of Solitude |
|3.||Nov 30, 2006:||Cognitive Overload |
|6.||Sep 19, 2004:||Oh Messy Life |
Jump Rope - Spray Water
A crazy mix of metal, prog rock, grindcore and straight ahead punk rock with a LOT of silliness and goofiness. Some similarities to Mr. Bungle or Radiation 4. Some odd vocals, that change a lot and that you can understand. Most of the songs go through lots of changes. For a band that had a bunch of different tricks and styles, they seem to throw a lot of them into every song and in the end a lot of the songs sound the same. |
1. Rock/metal boogie with samples of moaning. Goes into blasting almost black metal.
**2. “Alright LA Sports arena, are you ready to rock” some start stop, vocals you can understand. Has short punk sounding section. Demented feeling.
3. Great lyrics and chorus with a high and low voice singing “It’s a Wonderful Life”. FCCs.
**4. Thrash bordering on grindcore.
5. Mostly just a chorus.
**6. Builds in speed and intensity then goes all over the map. Anti-war. Chorus of “Kill or be Killed” in a funny low clean voice that eventually screams.
7. Vocals sung fast at times. Funny.
8. Ominous beginning into start-stop strangeness. About overpopulation. A bit repetitive but does go into grindcore towards the end.
9. Pummeling grind from the start. Short with keyboards and punk sounds in the middle.
10. More of the same heavy strangeness.
**11. Great short one with a chorus that includes “Political correctness makes me sick”. Mellow jazz breakdown.
12. Lots of spoken lyrics over quiet guitar. About apathy.
13. Theme song that start out with a fast rock boogie and goes into grindcore. Ends very quiet.
14. About how crappy our schools are. Fast.
15. Odd guitar intervals to start into a strange stomp. Goes through a number of changes and sounds. Gets really heavy after the halfway point but not for long.
16. Dark, slow guitar in the beginning which heads into heavy goofy almost black metal sound. Fun to sing along with “zombie nation”.
Good stuff -mph