Young DC band that evokes heaviness of stoney Deep Purple with their use of scathing Hammond organ. But lack of guitar, instead using heavy distorted/treated bass, plus an insane singer gives these guys an intense trademark sound, like psyche garage speedballing on crack and vicodin. By far one of the best bands live at CMJ in 2003. Kick ass nod to noise, psyche, garage, and stoner rock.
1) treated computerized voice samples, minimal intro turns into treated drums that slowly turn organic into next song
2) basic rock beat w/ Hammond organin front, all heavy w/ cool bass ans synth breakdown
3) fuck man, check out this and tell me your testicles didn’t drop – super psyche stoner insanity, instrumental
4) epic trademark Apes triplets skipping over a heavy 4/4 beat
5) kind of a Kiss, pop “rock” beat w/ treated vocs, strange tribal percussion embellishments, weird sore thumb of a song
6) slow triplet RAWK, waltz to this, motherfucker! Trippy outro like track 1