|!!! / Louden Up Now|
|Album:||Louden Up Now||Collection:||General 12"|
|Add Date:||2004-07-19||Pull Date:||2004-09-19|
|Week Ending:||15 Aug||8 Aug||1 Aug||25 Jul|
|1.||Wed, 02 Dec 15:||aandreaa|
|4.||Tue, 01 Aug 06:||Natalie|
The Top Shelf
|2.||Wed, 10 Aug 11:||The Ambassador|
|5.||Thu, 15 Jun 06:||Mr. Silverback|
Mr. Silverback's Wild Ride
|3.||Wed, 16 Jan 08:||dj natty and dj brick|
nag champa orangeasm
|6.||Wed, 14 Jun 06:||Natalie|
The Top Shelf (my last show as a stanford undergrad!)
!!! "Louden Up Now" - Pronounced "chk chk chk" this Sacramento group is back with a new full length this time heading even further into the dance world. The usual funk/punk sound is still there at times, but you can tell they like the disco beat. This album has a lot more electronic elements and is very very heavy on percussion. And while these are dance songs, most are pretty chill midtempo numbers. The horn section is not as prominent but shows up in some great spots. Overall it's fun and groovy and should get you dancing. This will probably appeal more to the dance/electronica crowd rather than the rockers, but it is fun. One thing of note, this is the "clean edit" version of this CD meaning there shouldn't be any bad words. I did notice a few that kind of peak through so check track notes for details.|
My Picks: 5
Katie P. 7/7/04
1) Midtempo disco/rock beat. Lots of electronica flavors. Nice horn section comes in at times. Vocals have a lot of repeating/echoing.
2) Solid disco beat. Builds with some keyboards and other sounds coming in until the vocals come in. Kind of a lowdown groove. This is the clean edit of a song where the chorus is "like I give a fuckin' shit..." so it's pretty weird. Most words are blended/cut out making this radio friendly, but at the same time it's kind of odd.
3) Midtempo with a dance/funky/electronic feel, but not really straight up disco. Same lyrics are just repeated over and over giving it that house/dance feel. Some sax in there adds a little something.
4) Cool groovy midtempo dance number. Short little instrumental interlude. Mostly keyboard noodling with beats. Goes into next track.
5) Continued from previous track. Midtempo chill disco beat with a groovy bass line. Has a few cool breakdowns with guitar, bongos, jingle bells, and more. Oh, nice horns!! Last minute or so the vocalist starts yelling.
6) Starts with electronic noises doing fun stereo effects. Handclaps come in along with a midtempo groovy disco/dance beat. Fcc: While this is supposed to be "clean" you can hear "fuck" pretty clearly and well, this is debatable... they do say "scheisse merde" which means shit in both german and french. Not sure if it matters. Continues into next track (part 2)
7) Continues from previous track. Very cool and laid back groove. Very electronic feel in the music with keyboards and drum machine being very prominent. A few vocals at the beginning, but mostly instrumental.
8) Uptempo start into a fast midtempo dance number. Lots of percussion layers. Eventually gets a little more rock and guitar oriented, but certainly stays dancey.
9) Midtempo weirdness. Bloopy sounding keyboards and piano.
10) Fades in with squealing sounds and then a beat drops in. Midtempo drum machine with guitars here and there for melody and rhythm. Has a few vocals, but they are kind of background like in house music. Fcc: again potential FCC in that "scheisse merde" is repeated a lot (shit in german and french). Not sure if this counts as an FCC or not.
|1.||When the Going Gets Tough, T||6.||Shit Scheisse Merde PT1|
|2.||Pardon My Freedom||7.||Shit Scheisse Merde PT2|
|3.||Dear Can||8.||Me and Guiliani Down By the|
|4.||King's Weed||9.||Theme From Space Island|
|5.||Hello? Is this Thing On?||10.||Shit Scheisse Merde PT1|