|This Bike Is a Pipe Bomb / Front Seat Solidarity|
|Album:||Front Seat Solidarity||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||This Bike Is a Pipe Bomb||Added:||Jun 2004|
|Add Date:||2004-08-02||Pull Date:||2004-10-03|
|Week Ending:||Oct 3||Sep 26||Sep 19||Sep 12||Sep 5||Aug 29||Aug 22||Aug 15|
|1.||May 04, 2023:||Traditions |
|4.||Oct 27, 2007:||nag champaa orangeasm |
|2.||Mar 16, 2018:||Traditions |
|5.||Dec 08, 2005:||ilya's cool-ass training demo tape show |
This Is What I Want
|3.||Jan 14, 2011:||microclimate |
This Is What I Want
|6.||Feb 15, 2005:||The Devil's Valentine: love gone bad and shopping gone mad |
A Hundred Dollars
Excellent stripped down rootsy punk/rock with country touches. Three man band from Florida. Socio-political lyrics and rhythm guitar, rhythm guitar, rhythm guitar. Brief tracks, fast tempo, simple (in a good way) guitar-bass-drum sound. Over the top, rowdy, often multiple, often off-beat fun vocals. What do you get when you cross the Violent Femmes with the Pouges? Also reminded me of the Starvations. Really good stuff. All fast tempo, doesn’t vary a lot, so most track comments will focus on lyrics. Thanks to whoever Streetlighted this baby! |
Highlights: 1, 3, 6, 8, 12. FCC: 13
1.** Excellent. Country-style picking starts off a fast tempo strummer about true songs. Short harmonica solo. **
2. About the civil right movement and the events of Selma, Alabama 1965.
3. ** Female vocals. A reminder from Vietnam. “We got the body – from a conflict not a war”. **
4. Some tempo changes; fun.
5. Part female vocals, ends with a declaration: “stupid skinhead”.
6. * File as “punkers vs. consumerism”. Somewhat less rowdy, nice guitar bridge.*
7. Existential in a Woody Guthrie kind of way. The benefits of having nothing: it worked for Robert Johnson.
8. * How thing got better in the last 200 years but there’s still stuff to do.*
9. Starts slow, soon the fast strumming resumes. Different, more orderly vocals.
10. Physically deteriorating to the point he got hurt running from the cops.
11. Even stranger vocals on this (slightly slower tempo) track.
12. * About there home town of Pensacola, FL. Amusing, theatrical.*
13. FCC [fuck] another resistance song, “we shall not be moved”.
14. Brief; about nuclear war danger.
|1.||This Is What I Want||8.||The Argument|
|3.||Body Counts||10.||Hot Diggety|
|4.||Trains and Cops||11.||Grampa|
|5.||Mouseteeth||12.||Board of Tourism|
|6.||A Hundred Dollars||13.||We Shall not Be Moved|
|7.||Depression||14.||Forgotten not Gone|