|Various Artists / Rough Guide Brazil: Bahia|
|Album:||Rough Guide Brazil: Bahia||Collection:||World|
|Label:||World Music Network|
|Add Date:||2004-12-19||Pull Date:||2005-02-18||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||13 Feb||6 Feb||30 Jan||23 Jan||16 Jan||9 Jan||2 Jan||26 Dec|
|1.||Jul 24, 2021:||At the Cafe Bohemian (rebroadcast from Jun 14, 2018) |
|4.||Jun 14, 2018:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Apr 10, 2021:||Rebroadcast: Music Casserole |
|5.||May 23, 2015:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Jul 11, 2019:||Global Ginga |
Life Gods, Menino Do Pelo, Coracao De Bola, Com Muzenza Eu Vou, Deusa Do Ebano, Ginga De Bale, Pitada De Tabaco, A Vida E Boa, Swing a Cor
|6.||Nov 02, 2013:||Music Casserole |
A lively mix of Brazilian music that ranges from hip-shaking carnival jams to relaxed sambas. Great performances throughout. Another strong collection from the Rough Guide series. The notes give lots of useful info on Bahia, the artists, and the music.|
*1. A sexy, energetic carnival romp w/great fem vocals.
*2. Female vocals in a midtempo jazz-flavored topicale.
3. Uptempo w/female vocals and really great drumming.
4. Catchy & bouncy w/male vocals/chorus/perc.
*5. A delicious samba, playful, warm. Great vocals. Yay!
6. Percussion-driven jam for vocals, horns. Nice energy.
7. Midtempo drums/vocals w/strong African sound. Cool.
*8. Light midtempo sway w/perc/accordion/vox. Catchy.
9. Rich female vox, mid/uptempo w/a touch of jazz carnival.
10. Drums/fem vocals/chorus. Midtempo, rather nice.
*11. Sweet vocals/drums starts simple, gets busy, a great sound.
*12. Quirky midtempo groove of strings/voices. Odd, but good.
13. Bahian reggae featuring good vocals/perc/horns.
14. Energetic, uptempo blend of hip hop, reggae, samba..
15. Warm female vocals backed by great drumming. Mid/up.
*16. a capella intro, a melodic chant w/great vocals.