|Downs, Lila / Una Sangre|
|Artist:||Downs, Lila||Added:||Jun 2004|
|Add Date:||2004-07-05||Pull Date:||2004-09-06||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Sep 5||Aug 29||Aug 22||Aug 15||Aug 8||Aug 1||Jul 25||Jul 18|
|1.||Nov 05, 2022:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Sep 11, 2006:||"In Your Ear ..." with David Bug, it came from the sky (special) |
|2.||Jan 20, 2009:||Inauguration Special At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Sep 03, 2006:||"In Your Ear ..." with David Bug, a Sunday afternoon in Sept. |
|3.||Oct 21, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Aug 31, 2006:||"In Your Ear ..." with David Bug, the return |
This glorious Mexican-American singer/songwriter and her gifted band deliver another great CD. She has fun with her politics but, make no mistake, she is making serious social statements about cultural exploration, empowerment, women, etc. The musical styles are varied and include a couple of truly fun covers. Play any track…you won’t be disappointed.|
*1. Upbeat, lively and driving.
2. A subtle hip-hop feel to a tribute to a slain human-rights lawyer.
*3. Lush and slow with passionate, soaring vocals.
*4. Techno beats, Afro perc. A very different La Bamba.
5. English lyrics. A slow, relaxed groove w/a sophisticated sound.
*6. Great percussion/vocals/strings. Mid/uptempo & lyrical.
*7. Delicately moving w/soft vocals/strings. Truly lovely.
8.Wailing guitar leads into a relaxed La Cucaracha groove.
9. A bit bluesy, a bit funky - tribute to Mother Jones.
10. Rich, emotional vox/delicate strings. Slow & powerful.
11. Relaxed w/bits of hip hop, funk, even jazz. Nice.
12. Spanish version of #5. Driving w/an anthem sound.
13. Midtempo & too short. Strings/perc/vox.
|3.||Cielo Rojo||9.||Mother Jones|
|4.||La Bamba||10.||Paloma Negra|
|5.||One Blood||11.||Brown Paper People|