|Vorontsova, Julia / From St. Petersburg with Love|
|Album:||From St. Petersburg with Love||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Abaton Book Company|
|Add Date:||2004-08-30||Pull Date:||2004-10-31|
|Week Ending:||3 Oct||19 Sep||12 Sep||5 Sep|
|1.||Dec 03, 2004:||charlotte's misellaneous music |
|4.||Sep 14, 2004:||The Literate Pop Fans |
|2.||Oct 02, 2004:||music that doesn't hurt dogs and ponies |
|5.||Sep 11, 2004:||music that doesn't hurt |
|3.||Sep 30, 2004:||music that doesn't hurt |
|6.||Sep 06, 2004:||Short Song Marathon - Part 3 |
Russian folk; Sing/Songwriter (all songs in Russian). The marrying of the genre and language of suffering sounds good... the album gives the magical feel of a different, far away yet familiar place. Tracks are mostly single acoustic guitar picked in minor key, based on traditional Russian folk. Most tracks are under 2 mins (some under 1 min). Vox are pleasant, sometimes dark, sometime gentle and bright, but not outstanding. Notice track names are in English, will give you some clue, and there is a small English liner booklet with track explanations.|
Start with 22, 1, 7, 15, 18 but they’re all good for play for World or pop shows.
1. * Slow/mid pick, whispers/sings Peter Peter Peter... tasty. *
2. More beauty – feels like so many places at once. Mid/slow.
3. Still same territory, brief.
4. "Don’t you worry about a thing ‘cause every little thing is gonna be alright" (borrows from Marley’s Three Little Birds) more aggressive plucking, more upbeat.
5. Mid tempo, hitting some high notes.
6. Starts mid tempo, urgent; slows down.
7. * Gentle intro, picks up pace, bright and beautiful. *
8. More dramatic, sounds like a ballad.
9. Perfect sample of traditionally based folk. Mid/slow tempo.
10. Longer, mid/slow tempo, dark and dreamy love.
11. Slight reverb on the vox, mid tempo.
12. Mid tempo.
13. Brief, mid tempo.
14. Longer, echoed vox, slow, stern, sad.
15. * Mid/slow, again hitting the high notes *
16. Deeper, somewhat hoarse vox, darker.
17. Slow, simple but interesting picking.
18. * Acapella, whisper-like start; strange jumping-around "poing" sounds are only backdrop; Weird. Check it out. *
19. Mid tempo, deep vox, longer.
20. Mid tempo swinger (break up song?).
21. Mid/slow, Beauty indeed.
22. ** Wow – or should I say "meow" – starts with a growl and later goes into wild "meows", all in Julia’s vulnerable voice – excellent. Slow/mid tempo. **
23. Slow, beautiful. Ends at -1:00
24. I guess that’s the unnamed bonus track. Fast, some percussion.
|4.||Rock and Roll||15.||Pushkin|
|7.||Keys||18.||For My Joy|
|8.||Agape||19.||Cities and Countries|
|9.||Rome||20.||Im Leaving You|