|Loscil / First Narrows|
|Add Date:||2004-08-09||Pull Date:||2004-10-11||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||3 Oct||26 Sep||19 Sep||12 Sep||5 Sep||29 Aug||22 Aug||15 Aug|
|1.||Nov 06, 2011:||lost and found |
|4.||Jul 23, 2005:||15 Miles til Yesterday |
|2.||Apr 28, 2011:||fake orangeasm (subtitle: conceptually dubious radio) |
|5.||Sep 26, 2004:||Late Night |
|3.||Feb 22, 2011:||The Crooked Spoke Adjacent |
|6.||Sep 19, 2004:||15 Miles til Sunday |
Ambient music from Vancouver! Think orcas and fog, I guess. Mostly electronic, with some sound samples and remixed acoustic elements. Extremely mellow, sparse arrangements, with recurring buoy-like pulsing sounds and gentle clicks. Several tracks feature subtly evolving, amorphous background rhythms. No lyrics in any tracks. Not|
super-original, but very pleasant background music. Recommend track 2.
1) 120 bpm Sustained chords, knocking background rhythms.
2) 72 bpm. nice looped pattern that lands on the beat only occasionally.
3) 72 bpm. Similar to 1.
4) 66 bpm Different key than previous 3 tracks. More texturally varied as well. Guitar melody initially somewhat trite, later okay.
5) 78 bpm. pulsed tone, strings, gentle, subtly non-repeating pattern.
6) 72 bpm. Amorphous electronic chords, knocking rhythm.
7) 66 bpm. Similar to 6, but with nice cello.