|Crisis / Like Sheep Led to Slaughter|
|Album:||Like Sheep Led to Slaughter||Collection:||General|
|Label:||The End Records|
|Add Date:||2004-07-12||Pull Date:||2004-09-12||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||22 Aug||15 Aug||1 Aug||25 Jul||18 Jul|
|1.||Aug 20, 2004:||Bloodstains Across Atherton |
|4.||Jul 29, 2004:||Les Chevaux De Frise |
Secrets of the Prison House
|2.||Aug 19, 2004:||Les Chevaux De Frise |
|5.||Jul 23, 2004:||Under the Bloodstained Sheltering Sky Across Stanford |
Politics of Domination, Waking the Dead
|3.||Aug 12, 2004:||Les Chevaux De Frise |
|6.||Jul 22, 2004:||Les Chevaux De Frise |
Crisis – Like Sheep Led To Slaughter (The End Records)|
Yeah! Experimental and progressive metalcore, with inventive riffs, scattershot drumming, crazy female vocals that seem as comfortable growling as they do crooning, and song constructions that are anything but conventional. Amazing stuff.
1) Intro, spoken word, actually effective.
2) This is the perfect example of the kind of drumming favored by this band. Everywhere all at once, excellent song.
3) Starts with a pretty standard riff, but it evolves into the most downtuned monster, and is accompanied by her crazy vocals, at times growling and every once-in-a-while, yelping.
4) Sitar in intro, then guitars latch onto a bad-ass groove, while the rest of the band nails some awesome dynamics.
6) The most pit-worthy song I’ve heard in a long time, this is one huge, kick-ass breakdown. Brutality!
7) Short interlude, spoken word samples, faint sounds, etc.
8) FCC at –5:37 (“so fucking worthless”), but if you can catch and BLEEEEEEP that, you’ve got the best song on the entire CD, killer meandering riff, sounding way doomy and sludgy, layered with almost black metal vocals and pounding, relentless drums.
9) A more upbeat, bouncy tune, but still dark and with an evil attitude. Intense lyrics and some scary vocal samples of her screaming pair up with guitar feedback and clean vocals to make it a really eerie tune.
10) An almost Metallica-inspired main riff that carries more seemingly random drumming and just crazy vocals. FCCs (“I fuck it, I fuck it”) at –0:42 to –0:40.
11) Another eerie-as-fuck song that starts with clean vocals and open string picking and groove-laden, doomy drumming. FCCs (“fuck fucking me”) at –3:49. Becomes all noisy and random toward the end.
12) Three and a half minutes of pounding drums that swell and ebb with sitar, guitar, and woman chanting. Pretty cool.
|1.||Omen||7.||Rats in a Maze|
|2.||Waking the Dead||8.||Secrets of the Prison House|
|3.||A Graveyard for Bitches||9.||Corpus Apocalypse|
|4.||Nomad||10.||Study in Cancer|
|5.||Politics of Domination||11.||Exit Catacomb|
|6.||Blood Burden||12.||The Fate|