|Coffin Lids / Coffin Lips|
|Artist:||Coffin Lids||Added:||Jul 2004|
|Add Date:||2004-10-25||Pull Date:||2004-12-27||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Dec 19||Dec 12||Dec 5||Nov 28||Nov 21||Nov 14||Nov 7||Oct 31|
|1.||Feb 23, 2005:||Epic Soundtracks |
|4.||Dec 08, 2004:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
One Foot in the Grave
|2.||Dec 15, 2004:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
|5.||Dec 04, 2004:||On The Warpath |
Coffin Lips Rock N Roll
|3.||Dec 15, 2004:||Pirate Love |
One Foot in the Grave
|6.||Dec 01, 2004:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
Coffin Lids – Rock ‘n’ Roll (BOMP!)|
Rock ‘n’ Roll alright. Part garage rock, part punk rock, part Misfits, part cliché, raw lofi, distorted, straight forward rock and despite the whole zombie theme, artwork, and song titles, they really don’t sing about those “scary” topics very much. A bit like the A-Bone and The Mummies. From Boston.
**1. Their theme song and one of the best. Surf-y guitar riff, quick and short, with a good guitar solo. Pretty much no lyrics other than the song title repeated over and over.
**2. 60s flavored rave up, with backing chorus. I’m getting a Headcoats feeling.
3. Eh, I don’t know. It’s longer, more repetitive and about a girl. This kinda shit usually bores me. “I’ve seen about a million girls, none come close to you girl.”
4. More obvious organ, more effects on the guitar, and a zombie-like delivery of the chorus which is “Night of the Zombies”.
5. A bit too simple, with a chorus that I just wonder if I should take as a threat. “I’m on the loose tonight.”
6. A little more revved up which is good since it’s called “Supercharger”. Vaguely about cars and maybe even named after the car of the same name.
7. I swear I’ve heard this track before, but that’s how garage rock goes. One hell of a lot like the Headcoats. “Won’t you be my girl?”
**8. More jangle, less distortion with an obvious hollow body guitar sound. A great sing-a-long chorus of “Beer and Rock ‘n’ Roll is all I want”.
9. Do we need another Pipeline cover?
**10. Rockabilly. More organ and “scary” sounding. All about the Vampire Girl.
11. Opens with a blues-y guitar riff that sticks around most of the song. Pretty damn good, quick guitar solo.
12. Really straight forward and simple.
13. I know I’ve heard this song done by a number of groups. (The Mummies, Cretin 66, Full Fathom Five) but who did the original? Pretty straight forward garage rocker. “Yeah yea, she lied”.
**14. Vocals more mumbled with a slightly surf-y guitar riff and organ. Longer guitar solo.
OK Stuff. -mph
|1.||Coffin Lips Rock N Roll||8.||Beer & Rock N Roll|
|2.||One Foot in the Grave||9.||Pipeline|
|3.||None Come Close||10.||Vampire Girl|
|4.||Nite of the Zombies||11.||Eye on You|
|5.||On the Loose||12.||Michelle|
|7.||Be My Girl||14.||Smokin' Monkey|