|Two Gallants / Throes, the|
|Add Date:||2004-08-30||Pull Date:||2004-10-31|
|Week Ending:||31 Oct||24 Oct||10 Oct||3 Oct||26 Sep||19 Sep||12 Sep||5 Sep|
|1.||Sat, 19 Oct 19:||Big Chief|
On the Warpath
|4.||Wed, 16 Jun 10:||Alma Mahler|
|2.||Wed, 18 Nov 15:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|5.||Wed, 21 Apr 10:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|3.||Sat, 27 Nov 10:||the BIG CHIEF|
On The Warpath
|6.||Wed, 17 Feb 10:||Your Imaginary Friend|
More from the local duo’s swampy rock/blues/folk combo. Vocals not unlike Cat Stevens and some of his melodic transitions as well; also borrows from Dylan’s harmonica and harmonics, but they give it all a Delta feel and rocking attitude with ringing guitars. Lyrics are combination of R&R: relationships and rambling, with some great lines ("I love my country but I fear your mother" – track 2). I liked their long ballads best: 4, 6, 9. Check out other tracks as well. |
1. Gotta love the intro; Cat Stevens delivery and searing harmonica. Robert Wilkins cover.
2. Mid tempo rocker, "you’d love to be a martyr but you’ve got nothing to die for", occasional backing vocals.
3. FCC (“Fucking”) great bridge, mid tempo, becomes slightly wild and ruckus.
4. ** Dramatic, slow and beautiful, 8 minutes long, every second is worth it. Bruce’s Tom Joad meets Dylan’s Oh Merci with a heartbreak chorus from the school of Cat. File under: Oh My God.**
5. Dylan’s harmonica opens into a ruckus loud ramble with harmonica.
6. * The title track, 8+ minute tale of domestic violence. Slow tempo, loud and soft interchangeably and simultaneously, rocking finish, great.*
7. 7 mins, driving mid tempo rhythm, lyrics that feel like some other place. Slows down for a dialog, and then fast tempo till the end.
8. Scratchy vox, slow tempo, guitar and harmonica, booze blues.
9. * 7+ mins, 1 minute quiet intro, rambling ballad with Wild West feel, quite outro. *
|1.||You Losin' Out||5.||Fail Hard to Regain|
|2.||Two Days Short Tomorrow||6.||The Throes|
|3.||Nothing to You||7.||Drive My Car|
|4.||Crow Jane||8.||My Madonna|
|9.||Train that Stole My Man|