|Pinkslips, the / New Crush|
|Add Date:||2004-08-30||Pull Date:||2004-10-31|
|Week Ending:||17 Oct||10 Oct||12 Sep||5 Sep|
|1.||Jul 07, 2007:||It's Arbitrary |
|4.||Oct 07, 2004:||Fiction Romance |
|2.||Apr 18, 2007:||Where the Girls Are |
|5.||Oct 06, 2004:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Oct 14, 2004:||Fiction Romance |
|6.||Oct 06, 2004:||press and release |
Cute girl pop with faint, weak, just-so-it-sounds-cool punk attitude. Distorted guitars, drums, the “attitude”, and that’s pretty much it. At the same time, it’s not that bad, I was just hoping for more (plus, they look good, which is a plus or a minus). Tracks are 1:30-3:00 mins long, and that’s enough. Lyrics about boys and 20-somethings’ relationships. They hail from Durham, NC. Try for corniness: 2; more intriguing: 5, 8.|
1. Mid tempo, distorted opener.
2. * Corny pop, harmonies, clear jangly guitars, silly lyrics: The Works.*
3. Somewhat more dramatic, mid tempo with dreamy portion.
4. Mid/fast tempo, slightly distorted, but not pushing it.
5. * Fast tempo, rhythm changes, good life lesson.*
6. Mid/fast tempo with another lesson. “Kiss my Ass” if you’re FCC-sensitive.
7. Mid tempo, popy-turn-rock tune. Boyfriend problems. “You Suck” if you’re FCC-sensitive.
8. * Brief, fast, distorted, only lyrics are in beginning and end: “hey watch out, you just got your pinkslip”. Indeed. *
|1.||Hey, Hey||5.||Never Dating a Rock Musician|
|2.||New Crush||6.||The Angry Song|
|4.||9 to 5 Nights||8.||Your Pinkslip|