|Call and Response / Winds Take no Shape|
|Album:||Winds Take no Shape||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Call and Response||Added:||07/2004|
|Label:||Badman Recording Company|
|Add Date:||2004-09-06||Pull Date:||2004-11-07|
|Week Ending:||7 Nov||24 Oct||17 Oct||10 Oct||3 Oct||26 Sep||19 Sep||12 Sep|
|1.||May 16, 2007:||Where the Girls Are |
Trapped Under Ice
|4.||Sep 12, 2006:||At Your Local Dive |
|2.||Dec 14, 2006:||At Your Local Dive (Logan Whitehurst tribute) |
|5.||Aug 15, 2006:||The Top Shelf (special in studio performance with The Flatbread Kids) |
|3.||Sep 27, 2006:||At Your Local Dive |
|6.||Aug 08, 2006:||The Top Shelf (local music special) |
Pleasant Stereolaby pop from a local band. Multiple female vox, jangly guitars, touches of keyboard. Sweet rock/pop album, all really nice, but could use more hooks to really capture one’s heart. All tracks are 3-4 mins. Start with 4, 8, 9, 10.|
1. Very Stereolab, sweet female vox, jangly guitar, mid tempo sweet tune.
2. Mid/slow tempo, strings, prominent bass; keyboard and breathy vox end.
3. Slow/mid tempo, dreamy female vox, layered guitar work, gets louder and less dreamy in second part. Ends abruptly.
4. * Slow/mid, reminds me somehow of Suzanne Vega. More melancholy, electric piano, cool bridge. *
5. Mid tempo, and I think FCC ("fucking").
6. Drums fade in, drony synths, turns into mid tempo pop with staccato guitar strum, processed vox. Portishead? Last minute quieter.
7. Long acoustic intro, some instruments join, angel/dreamy no-lyric vox, slow.
8. * Slow/mid tempo, drony multiple vox, nice ending with trumpet and bass. *
9. * Mid/slow tempo, classic pop; do I hear some Nick Drake in the vocal delivery? *
10. * Deeper vox, mid tempo and louder chorus. *
|2.||Trapped Under Ice||6.||Station|
|4.||Silent Chill||8.||Misty Moon|