|A Fir-Ju Well / A Fir-Ju Well|
|Album:||A Fir-Ju Well||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||A Fir-Ju Well||Added:||08/2004|
|Label:||My Anxious Mouth|
|Add Date:||2004-12-05||Pull Date:||2005-02-06|
|Week Ending:||6 Feb||23 Jan||16 Jan||9 Jan||26 Dec||19 Dec||12 Dec|
|1.||Jul 10, 2010:||Music Casserole |
Sense of Security
|4.||Jan 18, 2005:||The Devil's Collective |
A Fancy Meal
|2.||Mar 15, 2007:||Fiction Romance |
|5.||Jan 12, 2005:||The Ox and the Hammer Show |
|3.||Feb 01, 2005:||The Devil's Collective |
|6.||Jan 09, 2005:||the ox and hammer show |
One of my favorite indie albums this year! (fact: it was actually released in 2002 and recently re-distributed). These guys, dog bless them, shamelessly rip off the late 60’s psychedelia but also take a lot from 70’s rock and other places. And the good news is: they do it well! Mostly, they do it without sacrificing originality – on the contrary, tracks are interesting and varied, lots of transitions within and between the tracks. Great stuff!|
The band is from Atlanta (but reminds me of Israel’s Rockfour – check the library – more than anything else). PLAY PLAY PLAY!
Favorites: 2, 4, 10, 11, 13, 14
1. Vox a bit iffy, but wild early Floyd feel in the second part. Nice stuff.
2. * Playful riff, carnival feel, gets rocky and then moody, like many Beatles songs in one, great. *
3. Led Zeppelin driving rock, upbeat, great riffs, powerful.
4. * Mid tempo, jangly guitars, vocal (dis)harmonies, becomes bouncy in the middle. *
5. Lead vox, vocal harmonies and strumming alternate with power rock riffs.
6. Quiet strum, mid tempo, becomes fuzzy and louder.
7. Mid/high tempo rocker.
8. Upbeat rock, great guitar.
9. Distortion driven guitar jam intro, almost feels like a live show, steady beat emerges only to shift into mid tempo tune. Then picks up again.
10. * Sweet psychadelic pop, with power chord ripping through acoustic guitar backing. Darker, slower second part, excellent guitars. *
11.* Beatles-inspired, mellow tune. *
12. Psych vocal harmonies, mellow and drony, long intro shift into a power chord mid-tempo tune.
13. * Great straight-up mid tempo rock tune, ripping off some 70s rock.*
14. * Upbeat track with many different parts, fascinating. *