|Midlake / Bamnan and Silvercork|
|Album:||Bamnan and Silvercork||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2004-11-15||Pull Date:||2005-01-17|
|Week Ending:||5 Dec||28 Nov||21 Nov|
|1.||Jul 31, 2009:||Trailways |
|4.||Dec 04, 2004:||Pop Music Show |
Some of Them Were Superstiti
|2.||Jan 15, 2008:||At Your Local Dive (with Masha!) |
|5.||Nov 30, 2004:||Storytime! |
|3.||May 25, 2007:||The Lunchbox is Over-- :( |
|6.||Nov 25, 2004:||Fiction Romance - Thanksgiving Marathon |
Mosly mellow, pleasant lo-fi dream/synth pop, a-la Grandaddy, Flaming Lips. Lush soundscape and noise, nasal vox. |
To quote from Allmusic.com: "Bamnan and Slivercork sounds like a group of musicians trying to remake Pet Sounds and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band with toy instruments on a portable cassette recorder".
I happened to mark 2, 4, 5, 7 and 12 but it’s a pretty consistent effort, play anything.
1. Mid tempo guitar strumming, synth background and bridge, and accordion/harmonium set the tone for the rest of the record. Repeated lyrics: "They cannot let it expand". Changes with 1min left to random synth and sound effects.
2. * Very flaming lips, from the laid back vox to the instrumentation. Mid tempo, mellow noise, with quiet breaks.*
3. Very Grandaddy. Mid/up tempo, noise and synths, trebly beat, fuzzy, louder finish.
4. * Slow/mid drony vox, nice noise bridge.*
5. * Mellow, fuzzy synths, mellow vox, break midway, becomes quiet and reflective.*
6. Cool instrumental Fog-like filler.
7. * Radioheady, muted trumpet, mellow but with driving beat.*
8. Toy-ish soundscape, slow/mid tempo.
9. Mid tempo dominant drum beat and synths, some guitars. Grandaddy.
10. Heavy fuzzy beat, synths and drum roll, mid tempo.
11. Slow & delicate, acoustic guitar and vox with synth backdrop.
12. * Quiet, Thom York vox, dramatic. Short.*
|1.||They Cannot Let It Expand||7.||The Jungler|
|2.||Balloon Maker||8.||He Tried to Escape|
|3.||Kingfish Pies||9.||Mopper's Medley|
|4.||I Guess I'll Take Care||10.||No One Knew Where We Were|
|5.||Some of Them Were Superstiti||11.||Anabel|
|6.||The Reprimand||12.||Mr. Amateur|