|Raking Bombs / You Are the Resliazjiax, Unlik|
|Album:||You Are the Resliazjiax, Unlik||Collection:||General|
|Label:||<No Label Info>|
|Add Date:||2004-12-12||Pull Date:||2005-02-13|
|Week Ending:||16 Jan||19 Dec|
|1.||Jan 12, 2005:||The Ox and the Hammer Show |
|3.||Dec 14, 2004:||Civil Approximation |
The Cipher Silo
|2.||Dec 17, 2004:||Baptism of Solitude |
The Cipher Silo
Raking Bombs – You are the Resliazjiax, Unlike 01100110 (diy)
Angular, discordant, quickly changing, arty, rock. This is really hard to place, lots of unexpected turns. Some sounds from screamo but a lot more demented. The vocals go from singing, to speaking, to screaming quickly. Mars Volta/At the Drive In with more challenging music. Nonsensical lyrics like the Orchid.
**1. Begins simple enough with just the drummer and sounds. Then the guitar enters with a very no wave sound. Sounds keep getting piled on top and then all hell breaks loose with multiple singers singing/screaming over the top of each other.
2. After an odd noisy beginning the bass and drums have a nice converstation and then the track mellows and goth-y/death rock vocals show up. This track slinks around for a while and then goes through a whole bunch of changes. Loud, quiet (with guitar solo), straight pretty post-rock, back to quiet, with the last 30 or so seconds just noise and computer sounds.
**3. Arty post hardcore. Short and sweat.
4. Starts mellow with a straight forward math rock sound. Repeated guitar riff and tight drums and bass. Instrumental.
5. More repetitive but still spazzy if that makes any sense. The track turns into a repeated guitar riff halfway through and then ends with almost a minute of what sounds like TV.
6. Just too damn pretentious.
7. Ambient noise for the first 2 minutes then into their spazzy rock. A bit more lofi and raw. Ends with same ambient noise.
8. Repeated bass riff and quiet guitar with a little piano and quiet vocals for the first minute. Mellow dramatic. Less rock. Strange. Tom Waits on crack.
OK Stuff. -mph
|1.||The Cipher Silo||4.||Bathroom Jazz|
|2.||Aqueduct Atlas||5.||Caravein Op-Hall|
|3.||On the Camel||6.||Hospitol|
|7.||Everything's a Motel|