|J Why & Julz a / Urban Shocker|
|Artist:||J Why & Julz a||Added:||08/2004|
|Add Date:||2004-10-04||Pull Date:||2004-12-06|
|Week Ending:||14 Nov||7 Nov||24 Oct||17 Oct||10 Oct|
|1.||Thu, 17 Aug 06:||mufaor|
|4.||Fri, 22 Oct 04:||mike|
Baptism of Solitude
|2.||Fri, 12 Nov 04:||stirling|
|5.||Mon, 11 Oct 04:||La Chanteuse|
Not the City Council!
|3.||Thu, 04 Nov 04:||Ben|
Umami Jazz Program
|6.||Sun, 10 Oct 04:||smurph|
Oh Messy Life
Excellent sample-art trip hop and electronica. All sounds found on the recording were recorded live on the streets of NYC. However, this is not a gimmick, as the end result is not an obvious sum of the parts. This is the real deal. For the fans of Matmos, People Like Us, Prefuse 73. -stirling|
(((1))) Street vocal samples and street sounds looped in an irregular fashion that evolves to emulate the effect of walking down a busy change.
((2)) Beat make from street sounds (a la Stomp, but more artistic) Nice interspersing vocal samples.
3) Spoken word about baseball along with samples of children. (under 1 minute long!)
4) Crunchy beats, various notes create a basic melody.
((5)) ** FCC’s ** Hip hop! Beat made from horse hooves.
6) Another street collage with a heavy emphasis on bus sounds and horns.
7) vocals listing off where they are.
8) buzzing sounds, birds, swirl around.
9) A good light beat made with clicking sounds with long chords of music (how’d they sample that?)
10) short song playing with vocal samples (under 1 min long!)
((11))) **FCC “pissed”** hip hop! Great beat and lyrics.
|1.||We Dont Have Much Time||6.||Rebar|
|2.||Your Body Gets Used Tuit||7.||D.U.M.B|
|3.||The Ballad of Urban Shocker||8.||Trash Processional|
|4.||The Fake Mccoy||9.||Let Me Show You Somethin|
|11.||The Urinal Song|