Quality “alt.country”, gospel honky tonk “lush roots instrumentation with banjo, mandolin, pedal steel, and a hefty dose of yodeling…gives us Americans something to be proud of during these troubled times.” Drawing from the creek that flows through Hank Williams, Nick Cave, 16 Horsepower, Johnny Cash. Denver based, with a dedicated following, big stage presence. Most songs upbeat, 2/4 western gallop, but some go train beat, not too much moping and shoe gazing (gotta go to SF for that shtick).
1) upbeat cowpunk in minor key, epic quality
2) upbeat 2/4, storytelling
3) train chugga beat, hand claps and epic feel
4) upbeat, with dramatic breakdown in middle
5) cleaner sound, with 3 part harmonies
6) ¾ waltzy mopey, dark ballad w/ mandolin melodies
7) dark ballad but upbeat train beat
8) 2/4 country gospel swing, that Nick Cave circus organ flare
9) another upbeat, ragtime feel seeping through
10) pleasant, not honky tonk until the vocs enter after about 2 min, more like epic shoe gaze pop, epic
11) chugga gospel, uber epic, Baptist Church ref.