|Circlesquare / Pre-Earthquake Anthem|
|Label:||Output Recordings Limited|
|Add Date:||2004-10-25||Pull Date:||2004-12-27|
|Week Ending:||14 Nov||31 Oct|
|1.||Thu, 11 Nov 04:||Geoff|
The Digital/Analog War
|2.||Wed, 27 Oct 04:||crisco jones|
press and release
Circlesquare – Pre-Earthquake Anthem |
Breathy chill soundscapes, with great ambient electronics and some tasty guitar work. Sadly, the excellent production doesn’t excuse the vocals, which sound like a tryout for a chart-topping alterna-band of the week. The beats are too good for this to be bad, but the vocals are so bad it’s funny. Bring me the instrumental!
1. Nice throbbing drone with minimal beat and breathy vox in the background. FCC: sez “fuckin” (I think) a couple times.
2. Obnoxious frat boy vox over nice staticy soundscape.
3. Slow, weighted beat with lame vox – “How come we don’t get high like we used to?”
**4. Wow, this is hilarious! Incredibly lame Justin Timberlake vox over stuttery modern-pimp beat. Don’t miss the electro-Beach Boys moment!
5. Fast throb, bad lyrics.
*6. Creepy ambience with crackly vox.
7. FCC: prominent “fuckin”. Amusing angry vox, espcially since this guy sounds like he’s had more than his share of codeine. He really turns up the volume about halfway in, then slowly fades out. Filler alert!
8. Cute pingy beat, with requisite crappy vox.
Ben B 10/18/04
|2.||All Sleepers||6.||Our Faultline|
|3.||Roomtone||7.||The Theme for Tonight|