|Lannon, N. / Cehmical Friends|
|Label:||Badman Recording Company|
|Add Date:||2004-11-29||Pull Date:||2005-01-31|
|Week Ending:||30 Jan||23 Jan||16 Jan||9 Jan||26 Dec||19 Dec||5 Dec|
|1.||Jan 27, 2005:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
|4.||Jan 07, 2005:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
|2.||Jan 20, 2005:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
|5.||Dec 23, 2004:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
|3.||Jan 13, 2005:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
|6.||Dec 16, 2004:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
|Guest DJ Account|
Chemical Friends is an excellent folk/acoustic rock album with a couple of synth tracks thrown in to keep things interesting. The synth tracks give a feeling of pseudo-trance at an extremely slow pace, while the acoustic tracks definitely seem to take their inspiration from the acoustic rhythm in Pink Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here.' A good album for those looking for some mellow, distant tracks. Check out 2, 4, and 11, but all are pretty decent. |
1. Immediate vocal and guitar opening. Very mellow with slow rhythm. Synth joins in at :58. Heavy use of electric guitar and deep synth. Synth ending at 4:00
*2. Acoustic guitar opening, echo vocals joining in at :17. Nice chorale of voices at 1:16 and a few times afterwards. Very meditative feeling.
3. Fast, up-beat acoustic rhythm opening. Deeper vocals at :21. Far-off distant feel to the song. Almost like a theme song for taking a journey somewhere.
*4. Synth opening with vocals. Definitely has hybrid trance feel with the synth beat and background bleeps. Gives off a mystery vibe. Acoustic guitar comes in at 1:56 followed by a barrage of synth beats and sounds.
5. Acoustic guitar opening, up-beat, almost country guitar rhythm with echo vocals at :22. No significant changes/removals for the rest of the song.
6. Slow Acoustic opening with vocals. Faint synth in the background at :43 as electric guitar joins in. Track is pretty mellow, almost hypnotic. Song fades at 2:05 with waves, and synth provided most of the sound. Synth continues for rest of song.
7. Synth opening with dark vocals. Simulated beat adds to a mellow beginning, but with dark undertones. Develops and loses the dark tone for a more hopeful one with lighter vocals and synth. Synth explodes at 2:36 with crazy beat.
8. Acoustic opening vocals at :10. Another 'distant' track. The light synth and acoustic guitar sound very removed, giving a feeling of constantly moving.
9. Light synth opening of ringing. Percussion and vocal at :25. The same faint synth background and hollow, removed sound.
10. Traditional acoustic guitar opening. Vocals at :18. Track has a desperate hopeless feel about it. Very slow track.
*11. Echo acoustic opening into clear sound. Echo vocals at :19. Faint synth background.
Reviewed by Eric Ford
|2.||Turn Time Around||7.||Demons|
|4.||My Last Breath||9.||The Nature of Things|
|11.||I Freak You Out|