|Giant Haystacks / We Are Being Observed|
|Album:||We Are Being Observed||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2004-12-19||Pull Date:||2005-02-18||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||20 Feb||6 Feb||30 Jan||23 Jan||16 Jan||26 Dec|
|1.||Oct 26, 2006:||At Your Local Dive |
|4.||Mar 13, 2006:||THE DOPAMINE TROUGH |
|2.||Sep 27, 2006:||At Your Local Dive |
|5.||Feb 27, 2006:||knifefishhappyhour |
|3.||May 18, 2006:||knifefishhappyhour |
|6.||Feb 22, 2005:||The Devil's Collective |
Assault! Local rock punk, political, brief. Reference the Minutemen and The Jam, but also take from The Fall and Frank Black. Jangly loud punk/rock guitar, twangy punk bass. All three members contribute lead vocals, but they are all quite plain. All songs under 3 minutes, some shorter than 1. I like it! I like it more with every rotation!|
Check out all tracks, but mostly 1, 5, 8,
1. * Brief, fast, political, Mark-E-Smith-incomprehensible. Oui! *
2. Mid/fast, half spoken, pointy bass and jangly guitar.
3. Shouted/spoken vox, extra brief, message.
4. Slower, indie rock.
5. * Mid fast, “are we safe yet?” great lyrics. *
6. Fast trebly guitar, drums pushed back, monotonous.
7. Instrumental, keyboard, fun
8. * Feelies meet Mark E. Smith. Mid tempo, jangly, epic (3:07) *
9. Loud, fast, strained vox.
10. Fast jangly strum, psychedelic moments.
11. Poppy guitar, tired vox – appropriate to title. Mid tempo.
12. Extra-vanilla vox, except one rapid section in the middle – cool.
13. * FCC fuck. Loud fast/mid rowdy rumble. *
14. Rolling drums, monotone guitar, explodes.