|Fuzz, the / Raise the Flag|
|Album:||Raise the Flag||Collection:||General|
|Label:||<No Label Info>|
|Add Date:||2004-12-05||Pull Date:||2005-02-06||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||30 Jan||23 Jan||12 Dec|
|1.||Nov 18, 2006:||Scatterbrain Radio |
|4.||Jan 19, 2005:||Brownian Motion |
|2.||Jan 26, 2005:||Brownian Motion gets Lethal Injection |
|5.||Dec 08, 2004:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
|3.||Jan 21, 2005:||Midnight Meanderings |
|6.||Dec 08, 2004:||Brownian Motion |
The Fuzz "Raise The Flag" - Some delicious local punk rawk. It's plain and simple with solid bass and fast drums along with fuzzed out guitars. The yelled vocals are usually pretty sloppy and bratty and difficult to understand with the crew giving backup yells. Nice! It has a few moments of rockabilly in there to add a little flavor to the punk. I tried my best finding the Fcc's, but the lyrics weren't always easy to understand. Regardless, only track 8 had really obvious ones. If you like punk at all you should definitely check this out. It's fast and fun. Highly recommended.|
My Picks: 1, 2, 7, 13
Katie P. 11/16/04
1) Starts with guitar. Fast uptempo punk anthem. Nice crew parts yelling "hey!" Tough guitar solo. Fun.
2) Fast midtempo with a bit of a bounce. Yelled vocals with the crew coming in for the chorus. Nice guitar line/solo.
3) Uptempo with a couple different people on vocals. Very catchy chorus. Fcc: says "shit".
4) Fast midtempo that picks up to fast driving punk when vocals come in. Screamy vocals at times with the crew on the chorus.
5) Fast midtempo with sloppy bratty vocals. Fun bouncy guitar lines. Fcc: says "fuck" a few times.
6) Punk cover of "Red Hot" (originally by Bill Emerson, erroneously given credit to Billy Riley in the liner notes) with a solid uptempo party feel. You'll recognize the song right away.
7) Fast uptempo driving punk. Yelled vocals are really difficult to understand. Oooo, nice break down section!!
8) Midtempo that starts a little quieter. Builds to a moody almost angry song, but still much slower than any other song on here. Last 20 seconds picks up the pace. Fcc: says "fuck" A LOT at the end.
9) Uptempo with a nice driving beat. Menacing moody key.
10) Fast midtempo with a driving beat. Crew comes in yelling "go!" a lot.
11) Uptempo with fast muted guitar builds up to a nice gallop of sorts. Tough and fun.
12) Uptempo fun punk rawk! Nice tom toms at times.
13) Fast midtempo with a bit of a rockabilly feel to it. Tough with a little bounce to it.
|3.||Carnival Queen||9.||Breaking Your Heart|
|5.||Had Enough||11.||Spins Around|