|Various Artists / Inside Looking Out - a|
|Album:||Inside Looking Out - a||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2004-09-13||Pull Date:||2004-11-14|
|Week Ending:||14 Nov||24 Oct||10 Oct||3 Oct||26 Sep|
|1.||Jan 11, 2005:||All This and Mor: Best Singles of 2004 |
|4.||Oct 05, 2004:||All This - And Mor! |
Music Makes no Sense
|2.||Nov 09, 2004:||All This - And Mor: The Events of Nov. 2nd |
Music Makes no Sense
|5.||Sep 29, 2004:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
All I Wanted Was to Call Ind
|3.||Oct 19, 2004:||All This - And Mor! |
|6.||Sep 28, 2004:||The Literate Pop Fan |
Inside Looking Out – A Compilation of Israeli Singer/Songwriters|
Excellent English-language collection of indie Israeli artists. Indie pop and sing/song style, some more experimental. Mostly mellow tracks, all are great: these guys make me proud! Lots of different influences, but keeps a coherent feel nonetheless. The collection name is very proper: in English, these artists face little chance of making it in their own homeland. I had a very hard time picking tracks. Play anything, or start with 1, 3, 5, 7, 10, 12, but PLAY it!
1. * Mellow indie-pop tune with Beatles harmonies.*
2. FCC ("Shits") Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson-like vox, guitar strumming, and surprisingly soaring electric guitar solo.
3. ** Oriental-style percussion on a dark New Wave tune, last 20 secs again bring Jethro Tull to mind. WOW.**
4. Dream pop / trip hop, delicate and beautiful.
5. * More dreaminess, Mercury Rev vocals, mid/slow tempo but picks up pace beautifully with guitar and piano. *
6. Guitar folk/rock, in the space between Nick Drake and Elliot Smith.
7. ** Strange, mesmerizing, magical, sweet female vox, soooo charming, call it trip hop? Whatever: play it! **
8. Folky sing/songwriter, vox not unlike Robyn Hitchcock.
9. Guitar pop, nice solo, pleasant vocals.
10. *Lush lo-fi (is this an oxymoron?) Great tune; appears also on the artist's solo album the station owns.*
11. Jangly mid tempo New Wave tune.
12.*Female vox, piano that can make you cry, lyrics about music and life, great!*
13. E-pop, dark and weird and slow. Drony synths and deep vox.