|Various Artists / Mento Madness|
|Add Date:||2005-02-06||Pull Date:||2005-04-10||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||3 Apr||27 Mar||20 Mar||13 Mar||6 Mar||27 Feb||20 Feb||13 Feb|
|1.||Aug 03, 2010:||Meltdown |
Manassa with the Tight Foot
|4.||Mar 31, 2005:||Eran Mukamel |
|2.||Jul 17, 2010:||Elite Syncopations |
Dry Weather House
|5.||Mar 26, 2005:||the Dog and Pony show |
Hill & Gully Ride/Mandeville
|3.||Sep 26, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
This Long Time Gal a Never
|6.||Mar 23, 2005:||Bottomless Cup of Coffee at the Topless Tapas Bar |
1950’s pre-Reggae Jamaican Calypso music. The sound quality is not perfect, but the songs are catchy and each one is a gem in its own way and the lyrics along are worth a listen. Fun, warm, and catchy throughout. Good stuff, this, especially:|
2. Fun & bouncy w/nice work from the band.
4. Midtempo w/a definite touch of jazz.
6. Midtempo vocals/perc. Very cool.
7. Blend of vox/chorus/perc. Bouncy w/a nice kind of whine.
8. Lazy but fun w/good vocals/arrangement.
10. Clicking percussion, warm vox, a relaxed feeling.
12. Banjo, percussion, vox. Fun, bouncy.
13. Happy & lively w/nice percussion.
14. Sweet medley. A good sample of the music.
15. Banjo, vox. Warm & catchy.
17. A classic Calypso sway.