|Toure, Daby / Diam|
|Label:||Real World Records|
|Add Date:||2004-11-01||Pull Date:||2005-01-03||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||2 Jan||19 Dec||12 Dec||5 Dec||28 Nov||21 Nov||14 Nov||7 Nov|
|1.||Jan 11, 2005:||At The Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Dec 28, 2004:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Jan 09, 2005:||radiomundi |
|5.||Dec 14, 2004:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Dec 30, 2004:||radiomundi |
|6.||Dec 07, 2004:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Yummy with a spoon. Afro-pop (and a touch of jazz) that’s catchy, warm, and fresh but also strongly shows his West African roots. Toure grew up in Mauritania (though from a Senegalese family), and now lives in Paris. With his brothers was part of the band Toure Kunda and later with a cousin founded Toure Toure. He plays pretty much every instrument on the track & sings. |
*1. Bright and infectious…instantly likeable.
2. A catchy percussion/vocal thing. Yay.
3. Relaxed and slower. Guitar, vox. It grows on you.
4. Strong & driving w/cool percussion.
*5. Electric guitar, vocals, sweet vocals, perc. Mid/uptempo.
*6. Strings, warm vox. Swaying, delicate, just lovely.
*7. Slightly jazzy w/fem vox, midtempo some in English.
8. Lazy & low key then bright & happy. Guitar & vox.
9. Slow, then bouncy & folksy. Sweet.
*10. Midtempo vocal blend w/a sense of gentle emotion.
*11. Slow, swaying & delicious.
12. Catchy mid/uptempo groove w/lots of percussion.
13. Slow & sweet. Sad, but beautifully so.
|6.||Mi Malama||12.||I Dagua|