|Various Artists / Blue|
|Label:||Dreams By Degrees|
|Add Date:||2004-09-27||Pull Date:||2004-11-29|
|Week Ending:||14 Nov||7 Nov||24 Oct||17 Oct||10 Oct||3 Oct|
|1.||Apr 29, 2006:||Biff Bang Pow |
|4.||Nov 09, 2004:||All This - And Mor: The Events of Nov. 2nd |
You May Be Blue
|2.||Oct 17, 2005:||Asymtotic Freedom |
Sick of the Shame
|5.||Nov 02, 2004:||All This - And Mor! |
|3.||Mar 18, 2005:||Distraction-Limited |
Sick of the Shame
|6.||Oct 22, 2004:||Memory Select |
Love Ate the Wheelbarrow
This collection of local SF bands (some well known) tries to answer the question "if blue could be interpreted through music, what would it sound like?" Mostly it sounds... dark blue. Most tracks are downtempo, dark and atmospheric. Genres range quiet a bit. See track listing.|
1. [2:10] 13 secs silence, then quiet female vox and sparse quiet picking. Minimal sing/songwriter.
2. [5:14] * Indie/post rock with acoustic (and then electric) guitar, dreamy male vox, fuzzy synths. Last minute fades out. *
3. [6:06] minimal drony accordion-like, loops and percussion. Instrumental.
4. [2:07] Quiet filler, noise samples, drony. Instrumental.
5. [4:18] * Electronica, trip-hop, quiet, cool, soulful female vox (sounds like it skips, but it doesn't!). *
6. [4:52] Drony synths, noise loops, slow beat, quiet bells. Last minute different w/some erratic beat and speech samples.
7. [1:11] More of the same, experimental electronica. Quiet instrumental filler.
8. [4:17] Pleasant bell-like sounds, gentle quiet beat. Multiple overlaid vox (male/female), slow, more percussion and instruments added, builds up quietly. Ends unexpectedly.
9. [1:14] Another quiet filler, quiet backdrop sounds.
10. [2:48] Female vocals, sustained synth notes and quiet strumming.
11. [3:19] Quiet acoustic guitar, male washed out vox.
12. [3:48] * Acoustic minimal folk, guitar + male vox, great. *
13. [1:14] Another quiet filler. Chirping, quiet piano notes.
14. [2:28] Delicate vox, quiet guitar, nice cover of Big Star.
15. [1:10] Another quiet filler. LP-like scratch sounds.
16. [8:46] Looped drony synth notes, atmospheric, instrumental.
17. [6:50] Lush intro, guitars, strings, drums; loud wall of electric guitar and deep male vox enter. Still slow tempo. Slowly fades out over last minute.
18. [1:28] Last filler. First 18 secs silence; noise over quiet synths.