|Various Artists / Pilot Conference|
|Add Date:||2004-10-04||Pull Date:||2004-12-06|
|Week Ending:||14 Nov||31 Oct||24 Oct||17 Oct||10 Oct|
|1.||Jan 28, 2005:||Stirling's Approximation |
String in a Big Tie
|4.||Oct 24, 2004:||Oh Messy Life |
|2.||Jan 12, 2005:||Brownian Motion |
Miss Adventures, The Fruit Bar
|5.||Oct 21, 2004:||Stirling's Approximation |
The Fruit Bar, Miss Adventures
|3.||Nov 12, 2004:||Mike's Approximation |
|6.||Oct 20, 2004:||The Dog and Pony Show |
The Fruit Bar
This is a CD included with a small zine that is designed to call people together for a Pilot Television Convergence: Experimental Media for Feminist Trespass (Chicago, Oct. 8-11, 2004) http://www.pilotchicago.org/ There are a number of very different types of work featured here, from balls out noise to off key anti-folkish lounge singing to experimental jazz(?) to white boy hip hop. All really experimental and hot. Definitely check this one out. (mike – you like track 4)
1) Off key F2M singer, with droopy sentimental production music that is just enough off to make it interesting.
((2)) Quiet beginning. Squeeky, horns, tape sounds. Noisy. Good. Vocals come in late and chant.
3) F2M off key singing about a rabbit, squeeze box, keyboard and various percussion instruments.
((4)) Starts with some noise, then El-P samples, and lo-fi F2M vocals rap on top.
5) Chicago Boys Choir… Chicago F2M choir? Anyway sounds like a choir singing a bit out of tune.
(((6))) Fast intelligent rap with excellent production. Beans mixed with the Anticon crew. Ends differently, electronic beats and electric guitar.
7) Guitar noise, yelling, machine sounds etc.
8) Random noises. Cow sounds, harmonica
9) Metalux noise fest!
10) Lovely female singing on top of plucked strings and accordion.
((11)) Electronic beats and keyboard. British like spoken vocals. Nice.
12) Light tinkling and soft noise. Pretty. Evolves goes on for 10 min.