|Various Artists / Rough Guide Rebetika|
|Album:||Rough Guide Rebetika||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Oct 2004|
|Label:||World Music Network|
|Add Date:||2004-11-15||Pull Date:||2005-01-17||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jan 16||Jan 9||Dec 12||Dec 5||Nov 28||Nov 21|
|1.||Jan 14, 2005:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Kuvenda Me Ton Haro
|4.||Dec 07, 2004:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Bouzouki Mou Diplohordo
|2.||Jan 13, 2005:||Sun in Libra, Moon in Pisces |
|5.||Dec 03, 2004:||charlotte's misellaneous music |
|3.||Jan 05, 2005:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Nov 23, 2004:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Antonis Varkaris Seretis
Rebetika is the music of the Greek underworld and it’s all about death, disease, hopeless love, jail, drugs, and other happy topics. Many of the early tracks suffer from scratchy sound, but there’s lots of passion that makes them worth a listen. Folk music w/influences from Eastern Europe and all over the Mediterranean. Fascinating notes about the history, artists & songs. Check out especially:|
2. Midtempo male vocal duet w/great use of bouzouki.
3. Slow w/fragile female voice, strings, it’s just sad.
4. Guitar & kind of whining male vox. Slow & simple.
5. A lively dance w/good arrangements from the band.
8. Mid-eastern influence wail with nice use of oud. Slow.
12. Midtempo, male vox, good band w/an interesting sound.
14. Relaxed w/wailing male vox, strings,
15. Great growling male vox/bouzouki/chorus. Midtempo.
18. Strings, male vox, a midtempo song about dancing in hell.
20. Strings, good fem vox/chorus. Midtempo w/a nice sound.
22. Warm, rich fem vox/strings. Midtempo love song.