|Various Artists / Rough Guide Mediterranean Cafe Music|
|Album:||Rough Guide Mediterranean Cafe Music||Collection:||World|
|Label:||World Music Network|
|Add Date:||2004-11-08||Pull Date:||2005-01-10||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||9 Jan||2 Jan||26 Dec||19 Dec||12 Dec||5 Dec||28 Nov||21 Nov|
|1.||Mar 21, 2019:||Cafe Nakhil |
Guadalquivir, Dance Mediterranea
|4.||Jan 09, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Feb 01, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Sep 06, 2006:||"In Your Ear ..." with David Bug, the 1st of 3 mornings |
|3.||Jul 17, 2007:||At your local cafe |
Miazis Ke Si Sa Thalassa
|6.||Aug 15, 2006:||Radio Of Imagination |
Order another glass of wine and watch the sun set on the marketplace. This great collection takes you from the islands of Greece to the streets of Algeria (not to mention Spain, Italy, Palestine, Morocco, Israel, Egypt, Turkey and various other ports of call). It’s as varied as it gets and is united by the high quality of the performers. Great stuff all, especially the following: |
1. Up/midtempo w/great energy & a touch of jazz.
2. A big sound w/lots of strings/perc/vocals. Mid/uptempo.
3. Contemporary flamenco w/an Arabic flair. Uptempo.
6. Sweet fem vox in a relaxed, old-fashioned sound. Nice.
7. Lively & catchy w/lots of perc/strings. Male vox/chorus.
8. Albanian folk w/a jazz flair & some cool vocals. Fast.
10. Mid/uptempo w/rich fem vox, good strings, perc.
11. Shades of Django…great Gypsy swing instrumental.
13. Violin solo leads into a lively pan-Mediterranean jam.
16. “The Boy George of Rai.” Trumpet, perc, vox. Uptempo.