|Various Artists / Chanson Flamenca|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Oct 2004|
|Add Date:||2005-02-27||Pull Date:||2005-05-01||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Apr 17||Apr 3||Mar 20||Mar 6|
|1.||Apr 15, 2005:||No Cover, No Minimum - Part I |
|4.||Mar 15, 2005:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Mar 30, 2005:||Sonar |
Por Que Me Dejas
|5.||Mar 01, 2005:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Mar 19, 2005:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
C'est Si Bon
French music with a Spanish flair. The execution is strong, though the concept is occasionally dubious. At times there’s too much “symphonette” orchestration and the originals are better, but it’s interesting to see how French romanticism gets changed into passionate flamenco. I also wonder what Brel, Aznavour, Gainsbourg & Co., would think.|
1. Slow & elegant w/strong male vox & a sense of drama.
2. Bright w/soaring fem vox/palmas/guitars, etc. Nice.
3. 1:36 intro into to#4. Slow. Nice but not necessary.
*4. Midtempo love song w/passionate vocals.
5. I think she just got dumped. Slow w/lots of emotion.
*6. Warm male vox & fem. chorus. Light & lively
7. Slow w/husky fem voice/strings/piano. Lots of sadness.
*8. Starts slow, gets midtempo. Male vox/guitar. Hints of jazz.
9. Piano adds lushness to this relaxed love song. Nice vox.
10. Slow tragic Brel classic w/lots of strings. A bit overdone.
11. At times jazzy w/ rich, passionate fem vox. Slow/midtempo.
*12. Quasi-loungy w/a sort of quirky charm & lots of singers. You may hate it.