|Adem / Homesongs|
|Add Date:||2004-12-19||Pull Date:||2005-02-18|
|Week Ending:||20 Feb||13 Feb||6 Feb||30 Jan||23 Jan||16 Jan||9 Jan||2 Jan|
|1.||Tue, 15 Sep 09:||DJ Lando|
|4.||Tue, 03 Apr 07:||DJ Narwhal|
Into the Nada
|2.||Tue, 28 Apr 09:||canuck|
I once was Canadian
|5.||Wed, 28 Mar 07:||canuck|
I once was canadian
|3.||Tue, 04 Mar 08:||canuck|
I once was Canadian (the 3/4 Special)
|6.||Wed, 14 Mar 07:||canuck|
I once was Irish
Homespun acoustic indie folk from London-based, former Fridge (w/ the Four Tet guy) member Adem (pronounced ar-dem or ah-dem, apparently) Ilhan. Gorgeous and sparse (like say Songs: Ohio) folksy songs, comparable to Devendra Banhart (without the annoying) or Sufjan Stevens (with less banjo) (or Iron and Wine or Will Oldham or blah blah blah—you get the picture). This is a definite a winner of an album. I’ve been falling asleep (crying myself to sleep) to it for the past week. Definitely check this out. All FCC clean. |
all good, but my picks: 2, 5, 6
1. bouncing hammer on strings, guitar. gradually less subtle organ.
2. medium fast, two acoustic guitar parts (fingerpicked and melody).
3. subtle accordion and guitar. vocals on the verge of not coming out.
4. ratcheting sound, slide guitar. accordion. ends about 20 seconds early
5. banjo. guitar, nice percussion rhythm. glockenspiel. “everybody needs some help sometimes” repeated.
6. harmonium, fast finger-picked guitar, light drums. recorders (I think). this is a good track for headphones.
7. simple, guitar, bass, glockenspiel, accordion.
8. autoharp. delicate and fragile.
9. banjo, guitar, shakers. recorders.
10. harmonium and vox. later glockenspiel and autoharp. and harmonies.
|1.||Statued||6.||Everything You Need|
|2.||Ringing in My Ear||7.||Long Drive Home|
|4.||Cut||9.||One in a Million|
|5.||These Are Your Friends||10.||There Will Always Be|