|Gogol Bordello / Vs. Tamir Muskat|
|Album:||Vs. Tamir Muskat||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2004-12-19||Pull Date:||2005-02-18|
|Week Ending:||20 Feb||6 Feb||30 Jan||23 Jan||16 Jan||9 Jan||2 Jan||26 Dec|
|1.||Sat, 21 Nov 15:||BravoMarco|
BravoMarco Variety Show
|4.||Sat, 19 Aug 06:||Kristle|
What's in the Icebox?
|2.||Thu, 24 Sep 09:||DJ DK|
|5.||Mon, 03 Oct 05:||Alex|
|3.||Tue, 01 Sep 09:||Trent Kay|
Hipster Garbage (sub)
|6.||Fri, 23 Sep 05:||Riina|
Unclassifiable Eastern-European/Jewish themed crazy funky beat music, where beat is anything from hip-hop to dub to plain dance. Like the Jewish Gypsy Red Elvises. Prominent scruffy male voice raps, with help from others vocalists on most tracks. |
There's something here for every show on this station.
Maybe start with 1, 7, 9, 12.
FCC: 4, 10.
1. * Bouncy, fiddle, sax, and rapping in (Hebrew/Arabic gibberish??). Mid tempo beat. *
2. Mid/fast breakbeat, sax, silly lyrics, harsh electro beat instead of guitar.
3. Mid-eastern percussion, fast tempo beat.
4. FCC (“Fucking”) Dub beat, full, accordion, saxes.
5. Mostly vox and broken mid tempo beat. Silly keyboard shows up here and there. Short female orgasm-like sample.
6. Mid/fast, accordion-like fast-pumping, Silly celebratory section, woodwind.
7. * Dark bass, woodwinds, Turkish/Greek sounding vox. Shakers. *
8. Klezmer, mid tempo, silly lyrics.
9. * Slower, sparse, repeated drum roll and female spoken vox, trumpets, sax, like a soundtrack to a Gypsy film noir, darchabaga! *
10. FCC (“Fucking”) Crazy shouting to start, mid tempo, some nice solos in there.
11. Bag pipe-like, with marching drums, instrumental.
12. * Great beat, funky, vox sound less strained on this one. Clear woman’s vox enter in what sounds like a Jewish prayer. *