|Earlimart / Treble & Tremble|
|Album:||Treble & Tremble||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Palm Pictures, Inc.|
|Add Date:||2004-11-22||Pull Date:||2005-01-24|
|Week Ending:||23 Jan||16 Jan||9 Jan||2 Jan||26 Dec||19 Dec||12 Dec||5 Dec|
|1.||Dec 11, 2014:||The Sunset Life |
It's Okay to Think About End
|4.||Mar 11, 2005:||Midnight Meanderings |
Unintentional Tape Manipulat
|2.||May 04, 2005:||Strange Attractor |
|5.||Feb 04, 2005:||Midnight Meanderings |
First Instant Last Report
|3.||Apr 03, 2005:||Strange Attractor |
Hold on Slow Down
|6.||Jan 20, 2005:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
Hold on Slow Down
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
EXCELLENT-EXCELLENT INDIE POP. Pretty, sweet, lush, hazy, lazy, dreamy. Earlimart sound like a post-Beatlesque collaboration between George Harrison's lead guitar licks and Paul McCartney's melodramatic vocal harmonies and blissful keyboard melodies. Or you can think of it as Blur, Radiohead and the Flaming Lips reincarnated in the musical figure of a post-Beatlesque ghost. Hauntingly beautiful lullabies with sparse distortions and a few good touches of fuzzed up rocking noise. This is fucking great! Play with Belle and Sebastian, Ida, Shannon Wright, the Magnetic Fields and more. Scare the crap out of your listeners with the perfect blend of rocking dissonance and gushy sweetness.|
Play: 2, 10, 9, 13, 12, 7, 4.
1. Short (1:37) dark quasi-dissonant piano and organ piece with vocals.
2. A wholesome epos of sweetness. This is the HIT SINGLE! Uplifting and catchy. The genius of awesome pop!
3. Steady acoustic guitar tempo, light Casio beats in the backrgound, nice synth fills.
4. Power pop. Rocks out. Swinging guitar/bass lines.
5. 39 s of organ sounds looping backwards. Experimental.
6. Beatlesque... think the White Album. Beautiful.
7. Electro intro (Mum, Boards of Canada) leads to acoustic ballad verse. Lazy, hazy, dreamy.
8. Is this George Harrison on the lead guitar? This sounds like a lost Beatles outtake from Let It Be or Abbey Road. Sounds great, doesn't it?
9. Noisy. Heavy distortion and fuzzy sound loops playing backwards. Heavy psych. Think Beatles' "Revolver".
10. This sounds like Blur. Med-to-slow tempo, sad and lovesick. Hauntingly beautiful. Pretty chorus.
11. 49 s of pretty piano/acoustic guitar drone.
12. Piano ballad. Pretty med tempo. Slide guitars and folky violins. McCartney-ish vocals. FCC... shit. But hardly notice-able. Builds nice momentum at the end.
13. Hauntingly beautiful lullaby. A crooning chime-sounding organ. Sparse chimes and bells.