|Point Line Plane / Smoke Signals|
|Artist:||Point Line Plane||Added:||Nov 2004|
|Label:||Skin Graft Records|
|Add Date:||2005-05-29||Pull Date:||2005-07-31|
|Week Ending:||Jul 31||Jul 24||Jul 17||Jun 19||Jun 12||Jun 5|
|1.||Jul 30, 2005:||On The Warpath |
|4.||Jul 13, 2005:||Brownian Commotion |
|2.||Jul 29, 2005:||Distraction-Limited |
|5.||Jun 18, 2005:||On The Warpath |
|3.||Jul 22, 2005:||Distraction-Limited |
|6.||Jun 11, 2005:||On The Warpath |
Electro-goth, dramatic and dark as it should be. Emo vox, repeating lyrical and musical phrases, all keyboards/synths/moogs (no guitars piercing through this soundscape). This is serious stuff. Highly recommended. A trio from Portland, OR.|
Start: 2, 3, 6, 8.
1. Tense long intro, sparse drum, dramatic, shouting vox, breaks half way to faster tempo, fuzzy tune, louder drums.
2. * Fast tempo, electroclash meets Ian Curtis. *
3. ** Slow tempo, quick snakey synths, spooky, vox pushed back, repetitive, climatic. **
4. Fast, loud rolling drums intro, hinting to something familiar I can’t put my finger on. Slows down, more bizarre.
5. Quiet short filler, fades into next track.
6. * Slow, relaxed percussion, bells, sweeter than all others, Air and Kraftwerk come to mind (processed vox help). *
7. Dramatic and tense, again, noise, crescendos.
8. ** Exploratory, dark, some mid tempo beat, ends almost like a Soft Machine track. **
9. Fades in, sustained synths and loops. Quiet, quiet, quiet fade out to the album.
|1.||Smoke Signals||4.||Lights Out I|
|7.||Lights Out Ii|