|Pig Destoryer / Terrifyer|
|Artist:||Pig Destoryer||Added:||Nov 2004|
|Add Date:||2005-02-06||Pull Date:||2005-04-10||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Apr 10||Apr 3||Mar 20||Mar 13||Mar 6||Feb 27||Feb 20||Feb 13|
|1.||Apr 07, 2005:||Baptism of Solitude |
|4.||Mar 16, 2005:||Brownian Motion |
Pretty in Casts
|2.||Mar 31, 2005:||Baptism of Solitude |
|5.||Mar 09, 2005:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Mar 18, 2005:||Happy Hour |
|6.||Mar 02, 2005:||Brownian Motion |
Pig Destroyer – Terrifyer (Relapse)|
Fast, brutal, noisy grindcore. The vocals are screamed more like a hardcore singer than a death metal singer. This is extremely dark and even violent with lots of “inside the serial killers mind” type lyrics. There are some more metal moments (read guitar solos) than a lot of grindcore some songs get really techie and complicated. Extremely heavy, pummeling and brutal.
**2. Stop start riff along with relentless drumming.
**3. All about the relentless drums. Nice scream to end the track.
**4. Slower headbanging chug. More discordant sounding.
6. Longer and more metal. One of only two tacks that reach the 3 minute mark. More of a thrash riff.
7. Faster, punkish guitar riff but then the track gets heavy.
**8. Heavy groove, which turns into a short gallop.
9. The longest track with lots of metal guitar runs. A quiet breakdown, spoken distorted vocals, and a guitar solo.
10. Noisy with very distorted vocals and an odd break in the middle.
11. A few guitar squeals.
**12. An interesting mix. The drums are fast and pummeling but the guitar is simple, not that heavy and discordant. The blasts are so subtle. The middle of the song has a metalcore style riff.
13. Imagine old 70s boogie rock turned into grindcore. Drum rolls and all. The breakdown is a crusty hardcore riff. Huh?
**14. Woah, check the beginning of this track. Simple riff, super fast drums and scream. A nice headbanging thrash riff in the midde of the song. The guitar reminds me of 80s thrash in an early Slayer sort of way.
**15. The intro guitar reminds me of Death and this track is more metal overall. The Slayer reference shows up again.
**16. Fast right away. Heavy simple breakdown. Brutal.
18. Nice riff halfway through.
19. Big scream to begin.
20. Relentless. Some nice start stops and drum rolls.
21. A slow and pummeling end.
|2.||Pretty in Casts||12.||Torture Ballad|
|3.||Boy Constrictor||13.||Restraining Order Blues|
|4.||Scarlet Hourglass||14.||Carrion Fairy|
|7.||Lost Cause||17.||Dead Carnations|
|9.||Towering Flesh||19.||The Gentleman|
|10.||Song of Filth||20.||Crawl of Time|