|Various Artists / Songs of Croatia|
|Album:||Songs of Croatia||Collection:||World|
|Label:||Arc Music Inc.|
|Add Date:||2005-01-09||Pull Date:||2005-03-13||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||6 Mar||27 Feb||20 Feb||13 Feb||6 Feb||30 Jan||23 Jan||16 Jan|
|1.||Apr 19, 2018:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Jul 12, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Dec 13, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Jun 28, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Sep 20, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Apr 05, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Dalmatian Klapa singing is male a capella part-singing characterized by outrageously strong harmonies. (It’s the finest a capella music you’re likely to hear for a long time.) At times any one song sounds like a cross between a church hymn and a doo-wop ballad, and is surprisingly powerful. Mostly love songs (read the great notes for more). You can’t go wrong with any track by either of the two groups represented here, but I especially liked the following. Absolutely great stuff!|
1. Rich, dramatic w/a sense of power & romance.
3. Midtempo w/a sense of nostalgia.
5. Relaxed and lyrical.
6. A pretty tune w/some nice harmonies.
7. Slightly bouncy and nicely lush.
11. Midtempo w/a contemporary feeling to the melody.
13. Mid/downtempo w/nice interplays between voices.
16. A bright little serenade.
17. Strong lead vocal on this midtempo track.
18. Strong & hearfelt. Midtempo, about joining the army.
19. Slow, tragic, delicate. A song of mourning. Lovely.