|Misty Roses / Komodo Dragons|
|Artist:||Misty Roses||Added:||Nov 2004|
|Label:||Frog Man Jake|
|Add Date:||2005-03-13||Pull Date:||2005-05-15|
|Week Ending:||Mar 20|
|1.||Mar 15, 2005:||The Devil Collective - Songs for Murray |
Up in Flames
Soul-pop. The promo notes can claim whatever they want, but here’s the gist: Marvin Gaye rip-off with British mellow-saccharine rock (e.g., Starsailor) twist and The Love Boat theme style vox. Trying to be interesting, if the soaring tenor vox don’t annoy you, you may find this entertaining. Tracks 10-13 are remixes of some earlier tracks.|
1. Shakers, high-pitched pretentious vox.
2. What’s going on? Think about the children! Soul pop emotional attempt, trip-hop touch later.
3. Guitar lifted from Marvin, Tindersticks, harp, strings, winds.
4. * Elaborate percussion, trumpets, more subdued vox. *
5. Slower, harp, darker.
6. Strings, slow drumbeat, little electronica, more of same.
7. Bells, ringing keys, psych guitar shortly.
8. Quiet verses, soaring chorus, fuzzy effects.
9. * “Lo fi” noise, acoustic strum, different, pop/folk, male/female vox, near-spoken at end. *
10. * Remix of 1. Beat, sample of spoken vocals, shrieks, almost no singing vox. *
11. Remix of 4. “Rock&roll” casiobeat, vox, soaring guitars.
12. Remix of 3. Harsh electrobeat, turns tribal.
13. * Remix of 5, dark beat, samples, nice. *
|1.||Fathers and Sons||7.||Gertrude|
|3.||Into the Sky||9.||Jellypop Perky Jean|
|4.||Up in Flames||10.||Fathers and Sons|
|5.||Komodo Dragons||11.||Up in Flames|
|6.||Address Book||12.||Into the Sky|