|Various Artists / Isota Records Singles|
|Album:||Isota Records Singles||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Dec 2004|
|Add Date:||2005-04-03||Pull Date:||2005-06-05|
|Week Ending:||Jun 5||May 29||May 22||May 15||May 8||May 1||Apr 17||Apr 10|
|1.||Nov 18, 2006:||Biff Bang Pow |
|4.||Jun 04, 2005:||Alex |
Noam Chomsky Spring Break 20
|2.||Nov 11, 2006:||Biff Bang Pow |
|5.||May 28, 2005:||dog and pony show |
|3.||Mar 08, 2006:||I once was canadian |
|6.||May 21, 2005:||the Dog and Pony Show |
Dinner for Two
Compilation of indie-pop/rock singles released by local label Isota. Nice variety (see descriptions). If you play pop, there’s probably something here you’ll like. I especially liked 3, and also recommend 2, 8, 9, 12.|
1) 90 bpm. Folky acoustic guitar, Beck-ish singing. Nice lyrics.
2) 70 bpm. Miss Piggy sample, shuffle beat, odd ourragh background sounds, scratchy violin.
3) 55 bpm. Lovely chamber pop, male/female duet, lyrics about vacationing, cartoonish domestic violence.
4) 70 bpm. Alt-country with odd lyrics.
5) 85 bpm. Cluttered electronic sounds, then female vox., fuzz guitar. Thick production.
6) 60 bpm. Warped background, isolated male vocals, bells. Sim. to 2.
7) 80 bpm. Hendrix blues rock, w/ unsteady rhythm, simple structure
8) 140 bpm. Thick, thumpy pop, with nice time signature glitch.
9) School marm sample, then strong beat, rich strings. Odd interlude with sampled female vox. Ends with sampled laughter.
10) 160 bpm. Rockin’ rock, with standard beat, good male vox., thick melody/rhythm guitar texture.
11) 70 bpm. Alt-country. Male vocals, nice slide guitar. Sometimes clever lyrics.
12) 140 bpm. Electro pop/rock 80s throwback. Female vox. about teen betrayal.
13) 120 bpm. Purposely cheesy synths, vocoder melody, bells.
14) 110 bpm. Anti-folk, guitar, simple rhythm, “you can’t stop the machine…I want to leave.”